“A Place of Rest”

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Kensington, United Kingdom
“A Place of Rest”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love staying at the Hampton Inn as the beds here are fantastic. I work very hard and travel quite a bit during the day. I am used to sleeping on a tempur Pedic at home and from all the places I have stayed, I enjoy this bed the most and always get a good nights rest. Comfortable bed, soft pillows, fresh linens....If nothing else and this all I could ask for then I always go out of my way just a little to stay here in the Hampton Inn. Good night.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I hope all is well! Thank you very much for the great review. We appreciate and value your loyalty to the Brand. It pleases us all to know that you sleep well when staying with us! Here at Hampton, it's all about "Hamptonality" and we want to continue to be your place of rest! Please come and visit with us again soon. Once again, thank you and have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Hotel is fine for a one night stopover, but Danville, VA is pretty boring. Cant think of any good reason to stay here unless its on the way to somewhere else! Rooms are Hampton Inn standard with good size bed. Bathroom is fine with tub and shower and basic towels etc. There is a desk area, free wifi , fridge, coffee maker and microwave, which could be useful as no dining facility except for breakfast. There is a Courtyard by Marriott next door which has a basic Bistro offer if stuck and lots of chain restaurants along the I 58 east/west but its a six lane highway and crossing it is a nightmare! If you want a drink you would have to drive or get a cab. Guess it does what it says on the tin but no more!

Room Tip: Its a deluxe motel really so no real special rooms. Rooms on back may be quieter as away from main r...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello, I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our property. Our main goal is to ensure our guests satisfaction. We thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Danville. We are a small town with great potential. We hope when you are in Danville again, you will choose to stay with us. Once again, thank you and have a great day!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This should not be a Hampton Inn. Lost reservation (1st time at any Hampton Inn), forcing me into a double instead of the reserved King. Accommodations were not very nice, lumpy bed, not the cleanest. Exercise room was very disappointing. The only working machine was a cheap Elliptical. The door to my room did not open properly. The walls are thin and conversations next door were easily heard. The TV constantly flickered. The Breakfast was jammed into a space that made getting your breakfast difficult.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
I hope all is well. We apologize deeply for your incovenciences during your stay.Thank you for taking the time to speak with me. I know you were getting prepared for a conference call, and I really do appreciate your time. As I mentioned during our conversation the Travel Agent had two rooms booked under Glenn C. and of those two, one was apparently for you. Why they did not attach your name or assumed you would know this second room was for you is still questionable. I know you had concerns regarding the age of our property, the issues at check in, and the condition of our work out facility. Please know we are constantly upgrading and I hope you will find it in your heart to give us another chance. Once again, thank you for taking the time to speak with me and if you do return we will do everything in our power to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. Have a great day!
Richmond, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This was a nice hotel. It was conveniently located. There were lots of restaurants in the area, and a mall nearby. The breakfast bar was good. There were Omelets one day, and biscuits and gravy the next. Also a waffle maker. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Danville. It is our number one priority to make sure that our guest are happy and experience our "Hamptonality"! Once again, thank you and please come and visit again soon. Have a great day!
Lima, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Race weekend at Martainsville, first time at the track. We always stay at Hamptons will on vacations, Danville was the closest to the track. We were very pleased with the whole Inn and the staff was great. The next time we attend a race at Martainsville we will be staying at the Danville Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The king room with the hot tube was a great room. Very quiet, first floor, end of hallway away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 400CharlieS
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, and I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! This makes the Team proud that we have accomplished a job well done. Our guests feedback is very important to us. It helps teach us on how to better serve our guests. We are happy that when you return to Danville, you will be visiting with us again! We look forward to NASCAR, it is such an exciting and joyful time. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you in October! Have a great day!
Sayre, PA
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to get rooms during a rugby tournament and first the manager called and said, sorry- we reserved you rooms but none available, then called back same day and said yes, have your rooms. Great breakfast choices, hot and cold, and nice room. I love the thermostat that allows a steady temperature. Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 2seniorcitizens
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello, I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. My apologies regarding your reservations, we were overbooked, but I'm thankful we were able to move some things around and keep your reservation in place. This weekend was extremely busy and we thank you for choosing to stay with us! Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience and we hope you will come to visit with us again soon. Have a Blessed Day!
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I Would Stay Again This Is Where I Stay Everytime I Come To Va. The Manager And Staff Go Way Out Their Way To Accommodate Me. The Rooms Are Clean And What I Really Love Is The All White Sheets And Comforters Makes Me Feel Right At Home Due To My Allergies Thats All I Sleep On And You Dont Find That At Hotels These Days. The Location Is Very Close To All The Restaurants And stores In The Area. And The Breakfast Is Divine You Get More Than Doughnuts And Coffeee You Get A Full Breakfast I Wouldnt Stay Anywhere Else. Please Dont Change A Thing.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ejones40
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review! We are pleased to know that you were satisfied and we met all of your needs. We greatly appreciate the acknowledgement of our property and the service you received. "It's all about Hamptonality"!! Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Courtyard Danville
#8 of 11 in Danville
Camber Inn
Camber Inn
#1 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!