“Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Inn was very clean and well kept.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Danville

Hampton Inn Danville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Lima, Ohio, United States
“Great staff, very friendly and helpful. Inn was very clean and well kept.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

Race weekend at Martainsville, first time at the track. We always stay at Hamptons will on vacations, Danville was the closest to the track. We were very pleased with the whole Inn and the staff was great. The next time we attend a race at Martainsville we will be staying at the Danville Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: The king room with the hot tube was a great room. Very quiet, first floor, end of hallway away from...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlie S
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Hello, and I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! This makes the Team proud that we have accomplished a job well done. Our guests feedback is very important to us. It helps teach us on how to better serve our guests. We are happy that when you return to Danville, you will be visiting with us again! We look forward to NASCAR, it is such an exciting and joyful time. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you in October! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sayre, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We were lucky to get rooms during a rugby tournament and first the manager called and said, sorry- we reserved you rooms but none available, then called back same day and said yes, have your rooms. Great breakfast choices, hot and cold, and nice room. I love the thermostat that allows a steady temperature. Would recommend for sure.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 2seniorcitizens
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Hello, I hope all is well. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. My apologies regarding your reservations, we were overbooked, but I'm thankful we were able to move some things around and keep your reservation in place. This weekend was extremely busy and we thank you for choosing to stay with us! Once again, my apologies for any inconvenience and we hope you will come to visit with us again soon. Have a Blessed Day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

I Would Stay Again This Is Where I Stay Everytime I Come To Va. The Manager And Staff Go Way Out Their Way To Accommodate Me. The Rooms Are Clean And What I Really Love Is The All White Sheets And Comforters Makes Me Feel Right At Home Due To My Allergies Thats All I Sleep On And You Dont Find That At Hotels These Days. The Location Is Very Close To All The Restaurants And stores In The Area. And The Breakfast Is Divine You Get More Than Doughnuts And Coffeee You Get A Full Breakfast I Wouldnt Stay Anywhere Else. Please Dont Change A Thing.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ejones40
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful review! We are pleased to know that you were satisfied and we met all of your needs. We greatly appreciate the acknowledgement of our property and the service you received. "It's all about Hamptonality"!! Once again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

It was relaxing and very comfortable. The manager and housekeeping staff asked me on three occasions if there was anything I needed. I felt genuinely valued and wish I could have taken their outstanding service when I stayed at a competitor hotel recently. In any event, I will be going back to the Hampton Inn Danville... Oh, and by the way...the breakfast was also good.. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! The Team sends their gratitude as well for the recognition of a job well done. This is what keeps us focused on making sure our guest receive nothing but the best customer service possible. Your feedback is very important to us all, and we will continue to make sure your stay and every guest that walks through our doors experience our "Hamptonality"! Once again, thank you and have a great day!
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I had a nice time in Danville, VA for this NASCAR Weekend. We stayed at the Hampton Inn our stay was very pleasant and customer service was great, the staff at the hotel were cheerful and polite through out our stay and the hotel provided snacks and drinks during our stay which was great as this weekend the weather was great and everything was just on point, it's good to have some good luck from time to time.

I notice the hotel did some remodeling and the lobby and breakfast area is really nice and the fitness room has been updated as well.

Room Tip: If you have a preference in room type make sure to call ahead when placing the reservation and ask f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
drosa70, General Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We look forward to NASCAR. It is a very exciting time! We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay while here with us. We are also pleased that you recognized the upgrades we have made within the property. It is all for you! Our loyal guests! Once again, thank you and we hope to see you at the Fall NASCAR Race in October! Have a great day!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

This Hampton Inn is very impressive in Customer Service, value, and cleanliness! Mrs. Rosa (manager) and her staff was very accommodating to the many guest checking in & out as I was observing in the lobby; waiting to check in. I was very impressed with this Hampton Inn, and would recommend you stay with friendly staff, and extra clean rooms!

Room Tip: The rear rooms have a great view of the pool area...free parking, and breakfast, always a plus
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We thank you for such a wonderful review. It makes myself and my Team feel like we are truly giving our guest what they deserve, quality customer service. Your kind words encourage us all to continue to work hard and make sure to give our guest the best experience during their stay. Once again, thank you and please visit with us again soon. Have a great day!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

This Hampton is located in a run down business section of Danville. I've stayed here before with no issues but things appear to have changed. Unfortunately, not for the better.

Upon entering the lobby, no desk agent was observed. After a few moments, one was spotted, sitting in a chair behind the counter, playing a video game on her cell phone. She said she was bored.

As a Hilton member, I was surprised that I was given a ground floor room as a higher floor request is in my profile. I confirmed with the desk that my profile was available and up to date. When I asked why a higher room hadn't been assigned, she replied that she never looked at the profile and just "gave me a room."

While waiting for the elevator, a young man entered the lobby requesting to use the bathroom. I felt a bit uncomfortable as he appeared nervous and eyed me suspiciously. After dropping my bags off in the room, I returned to the lobby to find that the police had just left in search of the young man. Shortly thereafter, about 6 Police Street Unit Officers returned, running throughout the lobby in search of the young man. When I questioned the desk agent about what was going on, she replied that there was a lot of crime and drug dealing in the area.

The elevator had tortilla chips on the floor. While this isn't really a big deal, I was surprised that upon checking out, almost 18 hours later, the floor had not been cleaned. By then the chips had been reduced to crumbs.

It was also surprising to notice that there was mold around the soap dish in the shower.

While the coffee in the Lobby indicated a full pot was available, the coffee itself was cold. Had the desk agent not been so bored, or spending so much time with her boyfriend and playing video games, perhaps fresh coffee would have been available.

An early riser, I went to the lobby in the morning to use the business center. An employee had brought their son to work with her and he was playing games on the computer. Not wishing to make a scene, I patiently waited for him to leave. He left only to eat breakfast provided by the hotel.

While breakfast at the Hampton is usually better than average a few things stood out making this one less than ideal. The Waffle iron timer was broken so it was a best guess cooking experience. The hot dish was labeled "scrambled eggs". Luckily, I learned from another guest before eating them that the eggs had hot peppers and cheese in them. This should have been noted as some guests, myself included, may have severe allergies to peppers. None were visible in the dish itself.

I would have simply grabbed an "on the run" breakfast bag but none of those were available either, nor had any been out since 4AM.

The night we checked in, we had considered eating dinner at a restaurant that had recently opened just down the road, only to find out that they had recently had a shooting there.

It pains me that I am unable to write a review containing at least some positive aspects, especially since, having stayed here before, we had looked forward to being here again. With the police swarming the lobby, my wife and I seriously considered not staying. Exhausted, we decided to stay but ordered a dinner from a local restaurant for delivery, rather than put our safety at risk.

Some of the issues noted here can be addressed by the hotel. Others, unfortunately, are out of their control. The hotel is located in a depressed business area. Sadly, so was our stay at the Hampton.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello, I hope all is well. I must say, after reading the review I have met with my staff and I have reached out to the local authorities regarding that incident that took place. Upon check in my representative sends her sincere apologies. She remembers at check in you were asking about cookies and what was taking place with the authorities. She also remembers you asking for additional water after the cookies were placed out. I questioned her regarding the comment of being bored and that the area we are in is a high area for crime and she does not recall that conversation. Nevertheless my apologies. As far as room request, we do our very best to make sure we meet the request of our guest, away from elevator, high floor, low floor, King, double, etc.. and there are times where we just do not have all the request available. I have spoken with Housekeeping, and I have spoken with Breakfast. My Breakfast Team Member did bring her son for only a few hours until her daughter came to pick him up due to the baby sitter had a stroke and was taken to the hospital. Due to the dedication of my Breakfast Team member, she did bring her son until her daughter arrived rather than to call out of work. Please accept our deepest apologies. It saddens me that your stay did not exceed your expectations. It also saddens me that you feel the main strip that all of our hotels are on is run down. Please know this is not the case. I also spoke with the authorities who not only came to our property, but they also went to the other surrounding properties to ensure safety. Once again, my deepest apologies and have a great day!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Courtyard Danville
#8 of 11 in Danville
Hampton Inn Eden
Hampton Inn Eden
#1 of 3 in Eden

Been to Hampton Inn Danville? Share your experiences!