Hampton Inn Danville
Good 3.5/5
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbreakfast arearoom was cleanfamily reunionriverside driveroad tripnice hotelfront desk staffother hotelsno issuesexercise roomin townnascar racea great stayupon checkbusiness tripwafflesparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stay in hotels an average of twice a month this Hampton Inn is on average better than most. I choose to stay here for a number of reasons. The staff is always pleasant and helpful, the rooms are clean and well maintained and the complimentary breakfast is better than average

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
drosa70, Manager at Hampton Inn Danville, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. It makes the Team work even harder to WOW every guest that walks through our doors. Once again, thank you and please come visit us when you are in Danville!

Deborah

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Danville has no real deluxe hotels but the chains are well represented. The Hampton Inn is located on a busy multi-lane road populated by car dealerships, chain restaurants, etc. This particular Hampton is rather tired. Beds are only OK for comfort. My non-smoking room stunk of room freshener that smelled no better than cigarette smoke. In fact it made my eyes sting. Internet was free because of my Hilton Honors standing but it was very slow. No in-room movies and poor quality cable signal with no premium channels. I would NOT recommend this hotel. Sleep Inn is much newer and better.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mapman521
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay in lots of Hamptons on business, and after a while they all start to look the same. With that said, this one was nicer than most. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful, and the breakfast was above average too. The next time I'm in the Danville area, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I do agree somewhat with another reviewer about this hotel it does need some Hampton updates. We stayed in a king suite which was very roomy and clean but the bathroom is in need of updating wallpaper, tiles, and tub surround needed repair still had the older hotel sink. Sofa bed was no more than springs covered with a thin layer of padding very uncomfortable, not like what we had experienced before at other Hampton Inns. Breakfast was very good, real food like home! Staff was friendly! Overall we are Hampton stayers anywhere we travel but this one does need some Hampton comfort updating we would stay again if we knew updating had been done.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end at the stairwell lots of noise early morning if you were sleeping past 6am
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2012

This is an average Hampton Inn. They added cute towel cubbies in the bathroom, actually the whole bathroom looks nice with dark wood. The shower is a bummer because the soap dish is placed high and in the center of the shower wall and I slammed my elbow into it while washing my hair. Immediately when that happened I remembered doing it on my previous stay too. Ouch. I couldn't get my room cool enough. The room was smaller than usual. You have to walk across the parking lot to get to the swimming pool. The breakfast was gross. I came to this hotel in the middle of the night, because I had a really bad experience at the Hampton in Eden, NC. I'm through with Hampton Inn. When I travel in the future I'll stay at a Marriott.

Room Tip: Marriott is right next door.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family