“Enjoyable stay, clean, good service, great restaurant!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed March 11, 2010

We stayed at the Comfort Suites last week and were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was very clean, employees were professional, and the adjoining restaurant was great. I'm really surprised it isn't ranked as #1 on Tripadvisor for Danville VA. We've stayed at the hotel ranked as #1 and Comfort Suites offers a much higher level of quality. If we stay here again, we will request a room on the side of the hotel with the view of town. Our room was on the opposite side and we heard noise from a dumpster being emptied at 6 a.m. Also, we were given only 2 bath towels and, as a couple, we really need 3. Other than those minor things, we were glad to find this place. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saturn3

Reviewed March 18, 2009

The room and the breakfast were average for a Comfort Inn & Suites. A plus was that there's a decent restaurant adjoining the hotel. It's great to be able to stroll next door for a good meal. I liked that wired net access was an option, with an ethernet cable long enough to reach the table (by running across the extra bed) since I prefer wired to wireless. There was no place to plug in my computer anywhere near the work table, though, so I had to go downstairs and borrow an extension cord -- which reached the computer by joining the ethernet cable in stretching across the bed. The only thing that was really, really bad about the room was the chair. It was so low that it was impossible to sit in it and work on the computer. I piled two pillows on the chair and was thus able to reach the computer, but the arrangement was quite uncomfortable. That would keep me from staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2009

Stayed here one night, multi-story all interior corridors with elevator. Check-in was fast and friendly. Room was clean, usual amenities including a fridge and microwave. Small balcony with an actual hinged glass door instead of a sliding door, nice touch. Had a king size room, not a suite with a desk. Bed was comfortable, pillows a little too soft for my taste. Wi-Fi was slow,slow,slow that night. A letter in the room says they are updating their wi-fi system over the next few weeks though. Good breakfast with bagels, pastries, toast, waffles, coffee,juice, biscuits, gravy and sausage plus a few other items. Better than your average Comfort Inn breakfast. Overall a good stay except for the wi-fi which was probably just a temporary issue anyway and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 3, 2008

I stayed there this past Saturday night. Years ago I used to stay at the Stratford Inn. It is closed now after a lengthy decline. The Comfort Inn has a bar/restaurant on the property ( Bogies). Food was good beer was cheap. Rooms were clean. I'll be staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2008

Everytime we travel to Danville we stay at this hotel. The rooms are above average in size, definitely the biggest rooms I've ever stayed in. Even with 4 people we don't feel cramped at all. The bathroom and the the room itself are always very clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is very good, there's a huge selection of hot and cold items; cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, pastries, waffels, biscuits and gravy, sausage and hard boiled eggs. The only negative thing I can say is on weekend nights the hotel's restaurant/bar is a pretty happening spot. You can't hear the noise in the rooms but if you're trying to find a parking spot late at night you might have a hard time.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2008

This is the second time I have stayed here. I booked it a second time because the property was clean. The rooms are a good size with comfortable beds and everything in good working order. The continental breakfast is plentiful with a good variety including hard boiled eggs and sausage. Sausage gravy and biscuits was very good too. It is on the older side with a slow elevator but the location is really good, right next to the mall and many decent restaurants.

They were friendly and helpful the first time around but this most recent visit showed how good their customer service is. I had booked 2 doubles in a non-smoking room and had my confirmation with me showing what I had booked. A lady with a family was checking in in front of me who had also booked the same thing a month ago. Both of us had booked on the Comfort Inn website. Turns out that someone else had allowed the previous customers to stay over in the rooms we both had booked. There were only kings left which was fine for me but the lady with the family needed separate beds. She upgraded the family to a suite and provided them a cot. I saw the lady later and she was VERY happy with the accomodations that were provided to her. I went to my room to discover it was a smoking room. That poor front desk lady....the computer stated it was non-smoking so she felt horrible that I had to come back down. She also upgraded me to a suite at no extra cost.

The parking is ample but this place stays pretty solidly booked so if you arrive late, the only available spots are a bit of a walk.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2007

I came to Danville on business and this was a great hotel to stay in. The staff was really friendly and the hotel was nice. There was a computer available for internet and word-processing as well as printing. There was great coffee in the lobby and an outdoor pool (which I didn’t use). The hotel was located in a good section of town and right in front of the mall with lots of dining choices nearby. The room was nice, clean, and comfortable with proper amenities. I can’t speak of the breakfast as I didn’t eat it while staying there-got up too late. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for a trip to Danville.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Sleep Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Eden
Innkeeper Danville North
Innkeeper Danville North
#9 of 11 in Danville

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!