“One Night for Pleasure/Visiting”

Holiday Inn Express Danville
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express! The hotel lobby and rooms were very clean. The king-sized room was comfortable, clean, with nice amenities like a microwave and mini-fridge. We were able to check in a few hours early, and staff at the front desk were very friendly! Fresh-popped popcorn was available an hour after check-in, though we were not available to join. There were a couple of bikes available if you wanted to take advantage of the lovely river walk trail. Our ONLY complaint was that our otherwise comfortable slumber, was constantly interrupted by the A/C unit (and there was no way to turn it off). The A/C was loud and was on/off intermittently every 10 or so minutes throughout the stay. For a heavier sleeper, this may not have been an issue at all, as the beds were otherwise quite comfy! Would stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for a River View room, preferably on the 2nd or 3rd floor and NOT near the "Jefferson"...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Cara S,

Thank you for writing a review of our Holiday Inn Express. We love getting feedback from our guests and I'm happy to read that you had a good stay overall & enjoyed our in-room amenities. I do apologize for the sound of your room's air conditioning unit and will discuss your comments on to our General Manager to help resolve the problem. If you would like to discuss any further, please feel free to get in touch with me at the number below. Otherwise, we are grateful for your recommendation and look forward to your next stay!

(434) 822-2161

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our stay was A+ all the way.The staff was so nice and the place was so nice and clean.Because I stayed here with some of my reward points They even had my name on the board out front.Very cool.Thank you guys! Will stay there again next time I'm in town!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Joe H,

We appreciate you reviewing your recent stay! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much and that our staff help made you feel so welcome. We hope it won't be too long before your next visit; thanks again for the review!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here for a work trip. I've never been a frequent Holiday Inn guest until recently as its one of the only hotel chains in the area that consistently offers the state rate.
This HI was very nice- fairly friendly staff (it's Danville- everyone's nice here!), very clean, comfortable bed, and good variety at the complimentary breakfast.
My only complaint is due to the clientele HI permitted one night while I was there. Apparently this HI is very close to several major racetracks (again, it's Danville!), and approximately 15-20 race vehicles found their way here from the racetrack. They continued to pour in, one by one, starting at 9:45 PM until 11:00 PM. I'm sure these vehicles are quite pricy; however, they were also quite loud. At 6:45 AM the following morning it was "Gentlemen, start your engines!" as the whole lot took off at the same time. I was already up getting ready for the day but if I had still been enjoying my comfortable bed, I would have been extremely perturbed at this.
The hotel itself was great and it's unfortunate they couldn't regulate who they permit to stay at their establishment, but really these vehicles were quite a disruption to other guests- I'm almost certain there had to have been other complaints as this activity, so late in the evening and so early in the morning, was disruptive.
I'd return if I'm ever in the area again, but will just hope there isn't a race in town when/if I return!

Room Tip: The side facing the river I would assume is quieter than the parking lot side.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear SwtVABrz7,

Thanks for taking the time to review us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our amenities and furnishings so much and we're very thankful your recommendation. We also understand the importance of a quiet stay - we work hard to ensure all of our guests are respectful of others while still enjoying their stay and special event and appreciate your feedback, which we'll discuss for the future. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Danville!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a business trip. The front desk staff was very helpful with all of our requests for multiple receipts for reimbursement. The breakfast had a good variety so I had no problems finding something different to eat each morning. The room was clean and comfortable. I will be staying here again on our next business trip based on this trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear HokieMKB,

Thank you for reviewing our Holiday Inn Express. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to friendly and helpful, as well as that you liked the variety of our complimentary breakfast. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My daughter, husband, and I stayed here for one night. Although the front lobby area had a slightly unpleasant odor (of the cleaning supply type) when we first arrived, it had gone an hour later when we came down to head off for our event - to be replaced by fresh popcorn. The folks who work this property are very pleasant and efficient, our king bed was comfortable, and the room was quiet/clean. Two cautions - we had requested a rollaway bed since our room was one king(all other room types were sold out for the event), but there just wasn't space for it in the room. We were okay because my daughter is small and she wanted to use the chair/ottoman as her bed (she would also have fit comfortably in the king bed.) But if you are traveling with an older child, you really need a double. Also, when the hotel is full, as it was during our stay, the parking becomes tight.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Lynda B,

Thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall although I'm sorry we couldn't completely accommodate your needs due to being sold out - however we will work our hardest to do so your next visit! I'm also happy that you found our staff to be so friendly. Thank you again for the review and we hope to see you for another stay soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here several times to attend the race in Martinsville Va. This hotel is very well kept and always very very clean!! Its above the rest in the area and we would recommend this location to anyone!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear 255CarolB,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we appreciate you staying with us each time you attend the race! I'm happy to hear you find us so clean and the best in the area. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Have stayed here many nights. Never again!!! Front desk gave a room key to someone without any type of identification. They then tried to break into my room. Had the safety latch not been on the door I would have shot the guy. This is not a safe hotel. If you stay there make SURE you lock your door with the safety latck

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Beekeeper49
DAmickDaly7, Above-Property Response Contact at Holiday Inn Express Danville, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Beekeeper49,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay and accept responsibility for the incident you encountered while you were here. It is certainly our policy to confirm someone's identity before handing out a room key and we have discussed this with all of our employees to ensure something similar does not happen in the future. Again, we regret the inconvenience this caused you but would like to stress that we have taken this matter very seriously to prevent any future occurrences. Please get in touch with me at the number below if you would like to discuss further.

(434) 822-2161

Also consider these accommodations in or near Danville
Hampton Inn Danville
#6 of 11 in Danville
Camber Inn
Camber Inn
#1 of 2 in Gretna

Been to Holiday Inn Express Danville? Share your experiences!