“Horrible EXPERIENCE!”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Horrible EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I visited the Inn Keeper on West Main in Danville Virginia.And I had a horrible experience.I woke up with feeling like there was something stinging my neck arms and legs. I woke up to find out I had been bitten by something several times. My arm was puffy and red and neck. I had a room with double beds and so I decided to lay over on other bed and not get under the covers. And I woke up again with the same results like something bitten me. I cut light on and looked at my leg again same results. So I happen to look down at covering which was white and saw this little tiny bug just a crawling towards my pillow. And I mashed it and blood came from it and I got up and said oh my goodness I've been bitten by bed bugs. So I got up and went straight to the front office to tell them.And The young lady said I had to wait until 7:00 until the manager come in. And I did and I told her about it she said they would investigate and let me know what they find. So I waited and she said she couldn't find anything I told her you are lying because there is bed bugs in those two beds.I wasn't like that before I went to bed. She was very rude and I told her I am leaving and I want my refund back. And she said well I will see what I can do. And after arguing with her over and over she said okay I will refund your money back and we prefer you not to come back here anymore.I told her I sure want be. And don't let me leave this part out I also saw two roaches crawling on the wall when I woke up after the second set of bites.And I told her about that two. And she tried to tell me those were mosquito bites I know what a mosquito bit feels like and look like. I 've been bitten by bed bugs before in another hotel and there was the same problem and there they had a nurse on duty and she told me that what it was bed bugs had bitten me. And they refund my money and acted on the situation right then and there.And she also brought the maid in that cleans that particular room and she tired to say she heard bed bugs bits don't show up until after several days. I Told her now that's a lie. I have read up about bed bugs. I am almost out with staying in any hotel now. Right now I am itching like crazy full of bite marks and some areas of my body were little bites are still red and very puffy.I going go to the doctor and see also what he said because I am very uncomfortable right now with itching. i feel the manager could have been a little more understanding with my situation. I am not trying to bring any bad things about hotel but I just want people to know this was horrible experience again for me and it's no joke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bridget K, General Manager at Innkeeper Danville North, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
I remember this guest well; her husband was with her and apparently had no issues with bugs or bites. The room was inspected while she was on the property by me and my maintenance man. There were no bugs of any sort found. I called in the pest control company and they inspected the room, again no evidence of bugs. As a further precaution I had a staff member and her husband stay in the room, a person in each bed and they experienced no problems.
This guest was refunded as a gesture of good will. She was advised not to return to the property as we feel we cannot fulfill her accommodation requirements.
Innkeeper North takes pride in the fact we do our utmost to take care of our guests. Our staff is friendly and hard working. We are told time and time again we are the cleanest budget hotel in the area. We work hard to keep this reputation and appreciate the business of our loyal guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel is one of Danville's best hidden treasures! Very clean rooms, furniture is clean and well maintained. The grounds are cleaned daily, the staff is exceptional. The GM Bridget goes above and beyond to assure that your needs are met! Cannot say enough about her, as she met all needs for my room! Clerks are courteous, friendly, and check in was a breeze! Usually we run from inexpensive hotels; however InnKeeper not only would equate to a 4-5 star hotel that I've stayed in that were not as clean or friendly! Small quite hotels with high standards. Would bring my family here to stay! Learned some wonderful history as this was this hotel! All wonderful!
Best decision I've ever made to stay here. Don't let the grounds fool you! Kudos to Chris, Monique, Bridget, and staff! Will stay with this hotel again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Terri M
Bridget K, General Manager at Innkeeper Danville North, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for your favorable review. My staff and I thank you for recognizing the effort we are putting into the Innkeeper North, Piney Forest Road, Danville. Bringing cleanliness, friendliness and quality service to our guests is our number one goal. We hope more people discover “Danville’s Best kept secret”.
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This is a good budget motel -- nothing more, nothing less. Check-in was fast and courteous on a Friday night. Everything was well and pleasantly explained. The grounds are not attractive, but the outdoor pool out back has been micro-landscaped to look quite pleasant if you keep your eyes down. There are trees behind, a semi truck next door, etc. It’s a sort of small-industrial, commercial area, not Eden. The lobby and breakfast area are nice enough, kept up.

Most everything about the room is "average" for the price range. The room is not spacious but not crowded; everything fits without feeling cramped, but there's not a ton of extra space. The beds are unusually firm in my opinion. The bathroom is quite small. There is a vanity area outside with long counter and one sink (you know what I mean), adequate linens, small shampoo and some soap. It's all quite clean and stocked but otherwise unremarkable. It's a budget motel and feels like one, but they've done a good job of doing THAT right -- fresh paint, not too much of those "handyman" type repairs (but there are some, like the caulking). In that sense, I feel I got a little more than I paid for and am glad I booked this room.

The room’s Internet is High-Speed Wireless, easy to connect to and works very well (NOT "dial-up" as many online descriptions said). With Verizon cell service, I'm getting 3 (of 4) bars (3G) in my room. The microwave is small, the refrigerator OK. The TV is the tube kind, not huge. Four large drawers in the chest, enough lamps to find your way around but not well-lit, heater/cooler on floor under window (as usual), but working fine and not too noisy.

I can't find any unused electrical outlets (except in the bathroom area). I had to unplug the refrigerator to plug in my laptop. That always irks me.

You can walk to several local restaurants (fried chicken, pizza I think, subs, whatnot). Up and down the street are more choices. I don't know how late anything is open. I haven't explored the rest of the motel and can't speak to anything else.

You get what you pay for, but this is nicer than I'd have expected for the money, but not by much. So, if you're in the area and on a budget, I'd recommend it. I don't know other properties around here, but for the money, this is not a disappointment.

Room Tip: I only stayed in one room. I have no tips, but ground floor allows you to park very near your door...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank jakeadler
Walnut Cove, NC
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Fantastic to find a hotel that you can bring your pet to with no weight restrictions. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and neat. Good restaurants within walking distance. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SCMikles
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is one of the better economy hotel values that I've come across yet. Check in was quick, the clerk, I think her name was Monique, was very friendly and really seemed to appreciate my business. 2 story property, all exterior rooms, no elevator. My room was very clean and comfortable. Good channel lineup on the TV, wi-fi worked great. Typical amenities. Bed and pillows were comfortable. Heat worked well. Very good continental breakfast with toast, pastries, etc, waffles, cereal and biscuits and gravy. Awesome coffee (they use Royal Cup brand which is one of my favorites). Overall this was an excellent stay and I'm looking forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank rocknrun
Deer Lake, Canada
Reviewed November 10, 2010

this was a very nice place to stay,close to everything....i have been here 3 times now and soon going bk again,i wouldnt stay in any other motel,the staff are so friendly i have even made friends with some of them they go out of their way to make your trip wonderful.
everything from the rooms to the lobby and the grounds outside all very clean,and well looked after.
i can't wait to go bk again for my 4th time and it sure wont be my last time!!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynn1972
bessrosie
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I seldom write reviews, but we stay in a hotel at least 45 weeks out of a year due to business and we generally book at least 6 to 8 rooms at a time so price is very important. This property is by far one of the nicest properties for the price! We expected alot less but when arriving to the hotel, not only was the front desk staff very friendly and efficient, the rooms were newly remodeled, spacious and most importantly clean! We stayed 8 nights and our rooms were cleaned and vacuumed daily! Sheets also changed as often as you wanted! If business leads us back to Danville, we will definately stay at this property again and will recommend it to all!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business