“carryout pizza”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Best CheeseSteaks South of Philly
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The carry out pizza was delicious. Our server Tiffany Patrick, was especially charming and helpful with suggestions and service.

There are newer reviews for Blue Blaze Cafe

Reviewed July 10, 2014

Love the food, but they shot themselves in the foot by trying to turn into a fast food restaurant. It was much better with a wait staff. Bad decision there folks.

1  Thank Steve K
Reviewed July 5, 2014

WARNING! PLEASE READ BEFORE GOING TO BLUE BLAZE CAFE!

On a gorgeous Saturday afternoon, 4th of July weekend, my wife, son and I stopped in to Blue Blaze cafe for a bite to eat a little after one o'clock. We live in a nearby town, but we're somewhat new to the area and wanted to try a local place to eat.
After walking in, you should not expect anyone to greet you. We followed the signs telling you to place your order at the counter, which is in the very back of the restaurant. When arriving at the counter to place an order, don't expect a warm smile or a friendly greeting. Instead, you should be ready for a zombie-like personality with judgemental eyes and an almost "you're bothering me" attitude. Hopefully, you're ready to order because it seems to be an inconvenience if she has to give you menus. Oh, and don't think she will hand them to you. You should be ready to catch them. My wife ordered a big burger with fries and a drink. The drinks only come in one size. My son had the fried shrimp, fries, and a drink. I ordered a mushroom and onion Philly cheesesteak, no fries, no drink. The bill was almost $34. So after paying the zombie named Janae, we took our seat in a booth along the wall.
You should think about bringing in a fly swatter. The flies was very annoying and just enough to make you almost lose your appetite. You should also consider bringing in a light snack with you so you're not starving to death while you wait for your food. For all of you that love listening to crappy music, swatting flies, and hearing the staff constantly call out the same order number because they are too lazy to walk out from behind the counter and tend to one of their 5 customers, then this is the place for you and you should stop reading this and go there now.
After, what feels like an eternity, waiting over 30 minutes for our food, our number is finally called. I go up to the counter and the cook is batting his hand over the food trying to keep the flies off the food which you have to carry out to the table yourself. Hope you have past waiter/waitress experience, because they don't care if your tray is severly loaded, it's on you to get it to your table. In fact, the entire restaurant is self serving except for them making the food. You seat yourself, get your own menus, get your drinks, seat yourself, carry your food, and they even want you to clean the table up when you're done.
So I get the food back to the table and visually the food looks appetizing. My wife's burger was very bland and needed salt just to make it bearable. Her fries was nothing to write home about. They weren't bad, but not great either. My son's shrimp was over-cooked and you could taste the bitterness in the grease. His fries, of course, was the same as my wife's...mediocre. My philly steak was ok, I will admit. I've had better and I've had worse. I could have went to Charley's....ordered philly steaks for everyone, with fries(loaded), drinks for everyone, and still saved 5 bucks. Very strange, tense, and unpleasant atmosphere.
Please save yourself, your friends, and other people you like and do not go there or recommend it to someone you care about. I would only send someone there if I didn't like them and wanted them to spend too much money for a nice case of diarrhea later in the evening.

1  Thank Josh M
Pony M, Owner at Blue Blaze Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Josh, TripAdvisor is a valuable resource for travelers and business owners alike...please refrain from using it as a means of settling a personal grudge with one of our employees. Normally, if we had received a review like yours, I would invite you back and offer to buy your meal. However, If you truly cannot tell the difference between Charley 's and a fresh shaved rib-eye sandwich served on an imported-from-Philadelphia, Ammoroso's Roll...Then I would like to buy you Dinner...At Charley 's. Next Time you are in town, stop in, Ask for Pony and I will refund your $34.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere with a local feel. Don't think you could go wrong with most of the menu. There are some house specialties like a ham, bacon, and tomato pizza with homemade blueberry BBQ sauce! I loved it but my wife's ruling was so/so! Oh well! Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Would definitely go again!

2  Thank hoosierguy50
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Blue Blaze is a small little town resteraunt with a big city taste. They have the best cheese steaks south of Philly. I used to live near Philly, and I know cheese steaks. But the best thing is the servers are friendly and they make you feel welcome and one of the family. So go and enjoy your self in this little big place.

1  Thank dee6420