“Won't Go Back”

Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Daleville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
PLEASANT VALLEY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

If we had not arrived at 2am, we would have left. Had a BAD feeling when we walked in...even worse when we saw the bathroom. Or should I call it a kitchen since there was a stained kitchen sink in the bath. There was raw wood on the whole side of the vanity as well as under the mirror which had obviously absorbed water multiple times. The mirror had something splashed on it The back of the door had rust stains going down to a disgustingly dirty corner. The tub inside was filthy, with rust, scale and filth all around the fixtures, including the sink and towel bar. The towels were grey. I wanted to wash my face but when I wet the washcloth to wash it out it turned about 3 shades darker We both decided NOT to shower. Found dead & live beetles in the room, probably coming in under the door where the seal was ripped. At check out the morning desk clerk (not the one that checked us in) didn't know why we were put in that room since there were alot if open rooms. Someone had lived in that room for 8 months and it looked like it had not been thouroughly cleaned when they left. The beds were very soft . We checked for bugs and gratefully found none. The Super 8 also at this exit was booked and we did not see any other motels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

NASHVILLE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hotel was old but clean. People were friendly. Breakfast was about what you would expect.

Everything was fine until checkout . I had registered online they told me my room for two tax included would be 129.03. At checkout my bill was 132,32 i asked why he said thats our charge. I was in a hurry so I just said okay. After i got home i looked at my bill. There was a charge for safe warranty of 1.50 and .15 tax for each day. In the first place the safe in our room was taped together (room 113). I never asked to use the safe. If the hotel charges everyone 1.65 per day hidden in there bill thats a nice piece of change. Most people will not even notice. I called corporate and they said that there policy is that there may be extra charges at hotels which they do not control. Well it should not be if you quote me a rate on the the phone it should be that when i get there, No hidden charges.
I stay at a lot of hotels never had this before. I told corporate they just lost my business.
I promise HOWARD JOHNSONS will be last on my list in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

SYKESVILLE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

The room was next to the ice maker that ran all the time. The noise the air conditioner made was even worse. If we had not been so tired, it would have been hard to sleep, as it was we had to turn the TV up very loud to hear it over the noise of the ice maker.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Motel 6 Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
#22 of 40 in Roanoke

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North? Share your experiences!