Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
“Average”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I stayed here when our power was out for a week. I booked through hotels.com so got a pretty cheap rate. It's definitely nothing special, but it was clean and had a good working a/c which is all we needed during the triple digit heat wave! I'd recommend skipping the complimentary breakfast, though...not much of a selection and not very good anyway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The room was clean... except for a creepy crawly incident... I saw a spider, kind of terrified of them, I know you cant do much about those if they crawl in from outside. There was no cobwebs in the room. The bed had a huge dip in the center, had seen better days. Ceiling tile was dropping in the bathroom, like it had flooded from upstairs. Other then that it was fine.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Worst we have ever seen. No smoking room reeked of smoke, filthy rugs, bath had scum in it, we wouldn't even think of sleeping in the beds. Had to go to office to get Internet working; stopped when we got back to room. Got out ASAP. Sitting now in the Quality Inn and it is 100 percent better.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank G T

Travelers are raving about these Daleville hotels

Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I won't be returning to this location though travel brings me through the area at least 6 times a year. On the surface everything was fine, but...upon walking into the room I was greeted with a heat wave and the A/C never did shut off, it continued running throughout the night without pause. On the floor of the tub was built up dirt, so a shower instead of the relaxing bath I had planned. The guests in the room beside me apparently sleep with the TV on. I believe I awoke with every commercial break throughout the night. The sound wasn't blaring, just disruptive. There was ice built up in the mini fridge, so not even a Popsicle could fit inside, the microwave was splattered - not disgusting, just not spic & span. Breakfast was sufficient if I weren't a diabetic and need protein with every meal to balance all the carbs they offered: cold cereal, waffles, muffins, bagels...This location failed to meet expectations in every instance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 14, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a night on our way to NYC, NY from Atlanta, GA. The hotel is just off the highway and next to a gas station. The reception and lobby is good, and the lady at the reception helped us check-in without any issues. The king size bed room we stayed in was spacious and clean. The walls and the furniture were kind of worn out, but then given the value we paid, it's noting great that we expected either. There is a small TV, a mini-fridge and a microwave. The bathroom was clean; however, the towels seemed rather over-used and smelling (didn’t used them, we used our own towels) – which I reported at the reception while checking out next morning. There were no disturbances at night and we enjoyed a sound sleep. Breakfast is basic without much choice.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank The_Nath_Family
Somerset
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We just wanted somewhere to sleep for one night to break our journey from Washington to Pigeon Forge. We paid $35 plus tax which we felt was fair.

Hotel in a nice area, staff very friendly and efficient. Close to restaurants.

Nice view.

Room was OK, better rooms are shown on the official Howard Johnson website than ours, but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank noodle1973
Chiba,Japan
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Good price,Good room, Good staff(friendly),Good breakfast(delicious soup)!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank billy_galves
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Motel 6 Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
#22 of 40 in Roanoke

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North? Share your experiences!