“Woke up at 4am”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
East Freetown, Massachusetts
“Woke up at 4am”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

I arrived very late after driving from Gettysburg. It was about 2am when I finally got in. I turned on the TV, had some food and then quickly passed out. I was awoken by the phone ringing in my room. It took me a minute or two to realize and missed the call. Then after the phone stopped ringing, someone was banging on my wall. I think it was because the TV was on? It wasn't very loud but I turned it down. Other than that, the hotel was immaculate, the fridge and microwave worked well and were also very clean. Other than the 4am wake up call, it was a good sleep. However, the maid tried to come in before the check out time. I was getting ready and she came back 3 additional times while I was trying to get dressed. That was pretty annoying.

Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank jeanalyon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Poca, West Virginia
Reviewed June 15, 2011

The rooms were pretty nice for the price you pay. However the bathroom was pretty gross. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. The bed was lopsided and the pool wasn't filled up. Overall it was a good for us because we were gone all day and was there during the night to sleep.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We had chosen this motel because the coupon book said it was an award winning motel. It looks like they spent all the money on the lobby, breakfast room, and game room. The money certainly wasn't spent on the rooms. The lobby is beautiful, with many windows and nice floors; very rustic. The grounds are lovely too. But, the motel rooms are old and outdated, the mattresses are old, and the rooms are over run with stink bugs. They were in the bed, under the bed, climbing around the floors, walls, and dresser. There were even dried up ones on the floor, which had obviously been there for some time, meaning that the room had not been vacuumed recently.

Although they advertised coffee makers in every room, our room had none. We had asked for extra towels and pillows. The desk person said he would call us to come and get them, but never did. Housekeeping staff appeared to be Mexican immigrants, and spoke little to no English, making it difficult to ask for towels. There was mold on the ceilings, cobwebs, and the carpets were dirty. Southern hospitality was definitely missing here.

I'm sure there are other motels in Daleville that are not award winning, but that are cleaner with better service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Daleville hotels

brooklyn
Reviewed March 31, 2011

We arrived late after a long drive, and thought we really lucked out-- beautiful grounds, large breakfast room, nice decorating, exposed brick walls,... A hint of what was to come was when we didn't have hand towels in the room, and none could be found! Also, no decaf available for the coffeemaker. It was off-season and there were plenty of vacancies, so what kind of service is this?
So we tiredly settled in without a hot drink on a cold night. That's when the disappointments began--
The towels were so worn there were holes! The bedsheets were yellowed and crumpled. Mattresses were sagging. And the room wasn't clean.
Don't be fooled by initial appearance as we were-- beneath the surface, this place is a dump!! Do yourself a favor-- look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 25, 2011

We stopped here twice over our holiday break while visiting family. The price is right, breakfast is included, the staff is friendly & helpful, and the views of the mountains couldn't be beat!

• Stayed December 2010
Daleville, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2010

I am a hiker who wanted to make it home for the Thanksgiving Holiday with family in New Jersey. Not only was the location great, after two weeks in the woods, food options were all walking distance, but I must say the hotel service was exceptional. I was experiencing a lot of problems making travel plans to return home, but the hotel concier, Suryeg, went way out of his way to help me to make the proper arrangements so I could return home. He even saved me nearly $75 by booking a room for me at the Ramada in Roanoke, the day before I travelled home, as well as alligning a ride from a local who shuttles hikers. Extemely freindly guy who really made my stop here in Daleville a pleasent experience. Any time I hike the AT through this town again I'll surely stay at the H.J. Now I'll be in Jersey for Thanksgiving. Great Service!!
Truly Impressed Dave DiSanto

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank dave08022
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 20, 2010

"wow!" Upon my arrival, a very warm front desk agent checked me in and had me escorted to my room in no time. The room was nice and included all the amenities that you'd expect from a hotel of this calibur but had a wonderful time in the hotel,
the workers were nice and offered to help in aanyways possible. The room was cozy, clean and quite, the showers are good and the bed are big and comfortable and free access to internet is really a plus to all the people staying. I did enjoy! the nice view of mountains and cool breeze in the morning along with warm sun and full hot breakfast, they had a wide selection on for breakfast. The breakfast consists of Doughnuts, muffins, bagels, few different juices, selection of cereals, gravy, biscuits, eggs, and of course the real strong coffee, i love good coffee in the morning. This got a bit tedious after a week but the doughnuts were good!, i loved gravy too
I highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to roanoke/ daleville.
It is located right off the I-81(exit#150 B) . For the location and the amminities this hotel offers within the reasonable price with enough parking areas and easy excessable rooms from outside was really a plus again.
So I'm sure everytime I travel through that route no doubt i will stay in this howard johnson in daleville, which comes in the middleways between my destinations, PA and SC.....I'll have even better things to say about this hotel.
Simply.....the very best out there for the price point and services offered. Thank you

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Hampton Inn Roanoke / Hollins / I-81
Motel 6 Roanoke
Motel 6 Roanoke
#23 of 40 in Roanoke

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North? Share your experiences!