“Didn't stay, found some kind of larva on the mattress” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke

Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Daleville
“Didn't stay, found some kind of larva on the mattress”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I admit that I'm paranoid about bugs in motel rooms. After checking in, my boyfriend and I did our standard bug check. We found several dead bugs (ants, potato bugs) near the window. We're used to things being cleaner than that, but ok, as long as they aren't bed bugs. We'd been driving for 10 hours and just wanted to relax.

But when we checked the mattress, we found a live larva slowly traveling along one of the seams. We called the front desk and asked the clerk to come look at it. She did and said that it looked like a moth larva to her. She was probably correct (and she was very nice). But I knew I'd be lying awake all night worrying about it.

We asked if we could move to another room, but they only had larger rooms and said we'd have to pay more. I would have been worried in another room there anyway, so we decided to leave. To their credit, they didn't try to charge us anything (thus the 3 stars).

We went down the street to the Holiday Inn Express. It cost $50 more, but it was immaculate and worth the peace of mind.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Greta P, General Manager at Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Hope you will give us another chance.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during the 4th of July weekend. Last year, we had stayed here and we loved it so much that we came back. We only were at the hotel to sleep, so here is our tale.
Second night the air conditioner did not work, the room was a comfortable, but not cool. we had so much stuff that we did not want to change rooms, we should've.
We forgot to put out the do not disturb sign, so the maid opened the door while we were sleeping (9:00am) and we told her to go away... 30 mins later, she tried to open the door AGAIN, luckily we had the top latch on. She asked if we needed anything (yes, we were still in bed) and we asked for towels. My husband had to get up and give her the wet towels so she would give us new ones. Needless to say, we did not take off the do not disturb sign for the rest of our stay.
Our third night the smoke alarm kept beeping asking for batteries.. my husband was going crazy!! lol
It is affordable, the location is great, it has depreciated in service and facilities but for a quick night stay, I would recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry for the inconvenience of things. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you better.
Spring City, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Recently renovated, the rooms were enlarged by about 4 feet, making them quite big for a Super 8. This is one of the best Super 8s I have stayed in, and a great value. Only close inspection shows a little were and tear typical of an older building. Wish it was listed under Roanoke in the search engine.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Daleville
Holiday Inn Express Troutville-Roanoke North
Red Roof Inn Roanoke - Troutville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Roanoke
Howard Johnson Inn Daleville/Roanoke North
Comfort Inn Troutville
Comfort Inn Troutville
#4 of 5 in Troutville
La Quinta Inn Roanoke Salem

Been to Super 8 Daleville/Roanoke? Share your experiences!