“Tasteless and Overpriced Thai”

Thai Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Dale City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed October 17, 2014

Tried Thai Orchid but never again. It smelled of vinegar and cleaning products when I walked in. I should have walked right out. My order was packaged and waiting but it took several minutes for the staff to finish pouring their own drinks and acknowledge my presence. They had dirty glasses behind the counter piled beside the carryout orders. Not good.

Overpriced tasteless food. Tom Kha Gai tasted only of fish sauce. Thai Fried Rice was bland. Pad Thai's only redemption was the shrmp. Mussamin Curry was thick and gloppy. Go to a different restaurant. Thai Orchid charges high prices for poor quality. We will not be back'

2  Thank brez00

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I have eaten at Thai Orchid several times and have always gotten the Pad Thai as carry out. The Pad Thai is good, but not the best ever. They do skimp on the meat quite a bit. Unfortunately, Thai Orchid is also located in a bad part of Dale City in the middle of an old, run-down shopping center. There are some shady people that hang around, although this is through no fault of the business.

I can't comment on the table service as I have always picked my food up to go, but the staff has always been extremely courteous towards me and the food is ready in a timely manner. They don't offer plastic utensils to go, which I find quite odd.

I think with some updating of their dishes and a new location, Thai Orchid could be a really nice restaurant.

1  Thank B33rMePlz
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Food is excellent, but service is slow. If it wasn't for the service, 5 stars. Not as good as the Thai Cafe in Springfield (that place is terrific), but Thai Orchid is an excellent choice if you are in Woodbridge.

2  Thank David L
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We visit this place when celebrate something in family, today we visited with my wife. The waiter brought 2 bowls of soup instead one. But we didn't said anything and took for to go. I paid the bill and request container for the extra plate. She probably throw away the half of the bowl and gave us the soap in small container, for $9.00 a bowl it's not fear.

2  Thank carlos t
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The restaurant is very small, but we didn't have a problem. Menu is quite extensive, with Appetizers, Salads, Soups, Curries, Noodle dishes, and typical Thai options. We had the Spring Rolls, which were very good. I had the Pad Kra Prao with chicken at the waiter's suggestion. It was extremely flavorful with quality ingredients and adequate spice. My husband had the chicken with peanut sauce, which was excellent as well. We found ourselves checking out the dishes of other diners because everything looked so good. Service was excellent and we never had to ask for our drinks to be refilled. I don't understand the negative reviews. This restaurant would be a staple for us if we lived in the area.

1  Thank sirpeternincompoop