“I don't understand the bad ratings”

Thai Orchid Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 13 Restaurants in Dale City
Cuisines: Peruvian
Reviewed August 26, 2012

For a small restaurant, it serves some of the best Thai dishes in the area. The few times I've gone here, I've tried to order something different on their menu. However, the Pad Thai and Drunken Noodles have always been my favorites.

I don't think the prices are that high, considering the quality of the food. And I have never had problems with the service.

Reviewed November 18, 2011

Food is expensive, strange, and service is bad! I have lived in Asia more than half of my life, been to Thailand, had great food and even though this place charges like it should be first class, it isn't! The waiters are slow to greet, afraid to take your order, and I overheard one of the waiters reminding the other new waiter to charge $1.00 for a refill on a soft drink!
I have gone twice and gotten worse service each time I went.

Reviewed July 15, 2011

We tried this place for the first time and it was ok. Food is average. Theire spring rolls was definitely good. we had asked for spicy food and it was way too spicy. So be ware when you order.

We will definitely go back mainly becuase of dearth of thai places in woodbridge area. Its worrth trying.

1  Thank MSIndia
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Not nearly as good as some other Thai restaurants in the DC area. Service was fairly good (although server thought 2 people who ordered the same dish were going to share and only brought one out, so rest of party waited for 2nd order to arrive) but the food was not outstanding. Spring rolls while tasty were served only warm, pad thai was bland tasting, and my seafood dish that was supposed to be "1 pepper" spicy wasn't spicy at all and a portion of the plate was actually cold as though it had been unevenly microwaved. Our favorite Thai rest. is Shrilignton and worth the drive.

Reviewed September 27, 2009

Pros: We've tried just about all the dishes here and none of them disappoint.
Cons: None

My wife and I used to live in Woodbridge and we ate at Thai Orchid at least once a week. We fell in love with Basil Beef (Pad Ka Prao) and their Thai fried rice. Thai Orchid has become the benchmark for our other Thai restaurants that we visited and unfortunately we have not found anything like it in the Chicagoland area.

Thai Orchid is tucked away in a shopping center. What we like the best about this restaurant is that the food is always consistent. The food always taste good and never disappoints. It's more of a mom and pop type restaurant that has a friendly staff.

If you're ever in the area, I'd recommend checking out this hidden treasure.

Cheers!