“Great food; good value!”

El Charro Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 13 Restaurants in Dale City
Cuisines: Mexican
Alexandria, Virginia
“Great food; good value!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Love this place. Very reasonable prices. Dinner specials for $7.50! Chips are excellent! Service is decent.

Manassas, Virginia
“Average Mexican food that seemed generally bland”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

I know there has to be better in the area. I went with my family based on positive reviews. After living in San Antonio and Albuquerque for some time, I feel qualified to say that this food was rather bland and boring. While you can find your typical Mexican fare, we found that the salsa lacked a kick, and the food was just average. Certainly could have had more flavor, more freshness, and more creativity. Service was excellent and the facility was adequate.

• Visited July 2011
Woodbridge, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“More interesting than a chain mexican restaurant”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Go on Thursdays! The Margaritas are $2.99 and they don't skimp on the tequila. We really like the food and they have reasonable prices. The decor is quaint but tasteful and you don't feel like you're in a factory stamped chain restaurant. Service is hit or miss. I had the fajitas and thought they were good.

• Visited March 2011
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Salsa and drinks=best bet”
Reviewed August 29, 2009

I've heard good things about El Charro, but after visiting with my husband we're convinced there's better Mexican elsewhere.

The best bet at this restaurant is to stick to the chips and salsa (very tasty) and fruity drinks (pina coladas were great and only $4.50 each). We decided to order the fajitas for two for our main meal, based on the value and types of meats included (steak, chicken, and shrimp). Unfortunately, the meats were dried out and lacked the flavor we expected. The beans and rice also required salt.

Bottom line: If you're just looking for a place for some yummy chips, salsa, and tasty beverages El Charro is for you! However, if it's memorable Mexican you crave, look elsewhere.

Northern Virginia
“Great salsa”
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Let me start off by saying that I really do like the food here. It is the best mexican restaurant in the area. My dislikes, I have found that the service is not very good and we always have to look for the server to get drink refills, extra napkins, etc. My main pet peeve is that the place is not as clean as I would like. The carpet seems to be always littered with food and it is just left on the floor, it can get pretty disgusting.