New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of The Silver Diner

The Silver Diner
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Dale City
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Wow, try the Silver Diner again if you've been away for a while.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had a bad experience with Silver Diner several years ago and just stopped considering it as a dining option. At that time it seemed on the way down - not busy, inattentive staff, etc. When I arrived and wasn't greeted by a hostess or any signs of life I even had to ask "Is anyone home?"

Well how things have changed! I recently had two meals there and both were excellent. First a senior breakfast omelet which was delicious and very reasonable. at better-than-McDonalds' prices. So the next night I took my husband back to try their food - much of it is organic and fresh from farm to table. We both enjoyed our dinners. His was pot roast and mine was fish tacos. Everything was well prepared, served at the right temperature by an attentive server, and very reasonably priced. We plan to return as regular patrons.

Good turnaround, Silver Diner....we are very impressed!.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Parkesburg, Pennsylvania
“Super fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The ambience is super fun and we've always had a good experience with their service. Best chicken tenders, fries, shakes, breakfast and crab chowder. Yum. :)

Montclair, Virginia, United States
“Outstanding breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We used to go to the Silver Diner in VB when we lived there before it closed. The food here was even better. I had an outstanding omelette, and the salmon my wife had was awesome. Will definitely be back.

Visited February 2013
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“Good Food, Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I discovered the Silver Diner after stopped for fuel on the way to Florida. Very cool looking from the outside, it is very retro wrapped in silver with lots of neon. We hadn''t heard about Silver Diners, so didn't understand what they meant about the next generation. Once we went in, we were greeted and seated by a pleasant young man followed by a greeting from a even younger waiter. The food I saw being delivered to other patrons looked delicious, however my husband and I were looking for something lighter, and settled on burgers. The menus and signs throughout the diner emphasize the freshness of their ingrediants and the fact that they deal with local farmers. My husband ordered a regular burger with american cheese, lettuce and tomato, and I ordered a bacon, bleu burger which had fried onion slivers on. My husband prefers well done and was pleased to get it that way. My burger was delicious! They come with fries which taste fresh, not frozen and were perfectly fried. The only possible complaint I could have, was that the lettuce as it was called, it actually something called "Rocket greens" whic kind of looked like fresh spinach almost. It didn't really matter to me, but my husband is very fussy so he had to pick that off. The servings were large enough that even though we came in pretty hungry, when we were done eating that, we did not want dessert! On a side note, they have a lot of vegan and gluton free items on the menu so they seem to have something for everyone! I would definitely recommend Silver Diner to anyone!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank mrskramden
Alexandria, Virginia
“Silver Diner Restaurant, Great Service, Tasty Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped in after shopping at Ikea one evening. The staff -- both the greeter and the waitress -- were very friendly and efficient. I genuinely felt like they were trying to make us feel welcome!

This is a local chain but they emphasize the freshness of their food and how they use local farms for produce, etc. The prices were very reasonable.

I thought the place had a fun atmosphere without being over the top kitschy. The booth was comfortable, and you could adjust the sound on the in-booth juke box.

There was a lot of variety of the menu so everyone was able to order what they liked. Everyone enjoyed what they had.

• Visited January 2013