“Good Food, Great Value”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband and I discovered the Silver Diner after stopped for fuel on the way to Florida. Very cool looking from the outside, it is very retro wrapped in silver with lots of neon. We hadn''t heard about Silver Diners, so didn't understand what they meant about the next generation. Once we went in, we were greeted and seated by a pleasant young man followed by a greeting from a even younger waiter. The food I saw being delivered to other patrons looked delicious, however my husband and I were looking for something lighter, and settled on burgers. The menus and signs throughout the diner emphasize the freshness of their ingrediants and the fact that they deal with local farmers. My husband ordered a regular burger with american cheese, lettuce and tomato, and I ordered a bacon, bleu burger which had fried onion slivers on. My husband prefers well done and was pleased to get it that way. My burger was delicious! They come with fries which taste fresh, not frozen and were perfectly fried. The only possible complaint I could have, was that the lettuce as it was called, it actually something called "Rocket greens" whic kind of looked like fresh spinach almost. It didn't really matter to me, but my husband is very fussy so he had to pick that off. The servings were large enough that even though we came in pretty hungry, when we were done eating that, we did not want dessert! On a side note, they have a lot of vegan and gluton free items on the menu so they seem to have something for everyone! I would definitely recommend Silver Diner to anyone!

1  Thank mrskramden
There are newer reviews for Silver Diner

Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stopped in after shopping at Ikea one evening. The staff -- both the greeter and the waitress -- were very friendly and efficient. I genuinely felt like they were trying to make us feel welcome!

This is a local chain but they emphasize the freshness of their food and how they use local farms for produce, etc. The prices were very reasonable.

I thought the place had a fun atmosphere without being over the top kitschy. The booth was comfortable, and you could adjust the sound on the in-booth juke box.

There was a lot of variety of the menu so everyone was able to order what they liked. Everyone enjoyed what they had.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Everything you want in a breakfast diner is here: Good coffee, good eggs, good potatoes, and good bacon. Helpful service, amazing food, and clean tables.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Simply put, you will not find a diner with fresh, well prepared, locally procured food anywhere. We stop here for lunch on every trip between Virginia and Philly which is quite often. Chef Ype has it right.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Dirty, sticky juke box keys, shakers and other on table accouterments! Breakfast tasted ok for the most part, but eggs not sufficiently cooked. Initially seated our party of four in a small booth which was best for two adults. Had to ask to be moved to one of several open larger booths. Overpriced for diner experience. Will not be returning, although we've been Silver Diner customers almost 17 years.