“great food and service”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Okatie, South Carolina
“great food and service”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

We were just passing thru Culpeper and looking for a place for lunch. We saw the place was busy and decided to give it a try. What a great find. The food was delicious. The service was more than excellent, and priced just right. We wish we lived closer, because this would be a place we would visit weekly. We are not easily wowed. But this place is a definite WOW!

• Visited August 2014

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Well Worth the Ride!”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

We live just East if Charlottesville,VA and decided to take a beautiful drive to Culpepper, VA fir shopping and lunch. A friend recommended this place and was he ever right. I had a ham and mozzarella wrap with a delightful side salad and my husband had a salmon salad with dill dressing on the salmon. We also had a chicken soup that was excellent. I can't say enough good things about this place. The service was superb! The food was so fresh and delicious we have decided that we will drive an hour more often to eat there. What a find and I highly recommend!!!

Virginia
“A jewel in Culpeper”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've dined at It's About Thyme at least 10 times -nearly every visit to Culpeper in the last 15 years. This fall I have planned a stay at the Inn along with dinner to help my parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary.

• Visited October 2013
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Worth the wait and more!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were traveling through and stopped at another place down the street first. After looking over the menu (and the fact that no one was there at dinner time) we decided to try another place. We noticed all the people around this place and decided to try it. We were SO glad we did!
They also on the Cooper Fish restaraunt down the street. Since we had a short wait, we opted to have a drink at the bar there. (Great drinks and bartender there) When our table was ready they came to get us.
They bring bread to the table that is out of this world. I could have made a meal on it!!
The waitress recommended the fried green tomatoes with crab as an appetizer. We were leery since we like our fried green tomatoes to stand on their own but we were glad we ordered them. They were so good!!
We ordered the Filet, and the Scallops pasta dish. Both were amazing. The filet wasn't cooked right the first time (which is the only reason they didn't get five stars) but they were quick to fix it and gave a second helping of the potatoes when the steak came out the second time.
We were way too full for dessert but they looked delicious.
This is not a place to eat at every week, it's more of a splurge but we will be back for sure!! Next time we will make reservations first.

• Visited August 2014
Cave Creek, Arizona
“2nd visit disappointing”
Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

I wrote a rave review a out this place last fall, but I must follow up with a disappointing one. I have dietary restrictions that were more than accommodated last time and this time I found the waiters to be impatient and abrupt telling me that I don't even have to be concerned about what they would serve me (I basically said I would love whatever the chef recommended on the menu that was free of gluten and dairy). Yet BOTH plates came out with cheese or butter on them. The mistake, when obvious, is no problem, but the impatience when I am trying to order, is not. Bummer. Oh, and when I told them I was excited about dessert because it was AMAZING last fall, we were never offered any... At all. Real bummer.

Visited July 2014