“Good food and excellent service”
Review of It's About Thyme

It's About Thyme
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Culpeper
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stopped and had dinner because the place looked interesting. Our food was excellent and the service was outstanding. It wasn't cheap but not particularly expensive either. The only complaint I have is that attached to the menu was the specials list which was priced considerably higher than the regular menu items. We were told that was because they were personally prepared by the Chef and better than regular items. That just seemed wrong to me.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I stopped in here on a Saturday evening our way back from NC. I had eaten in "It's About Thyme" and "Jocelyn's" in Media, PA years ago and was amazed to find it reincarnated here in Culpeper by the same family. The place was busy but they said they could work us in and took us next door to the bar in their other restaurant "The Copper Fish" to wait. Needless to say, after some reminiscing, we had an excellent meal with some very good wine. The special meatball appetizers are not to be missed.The coho salmon was very good - cooked to order with a squid ink blackened pasta. The ravioli dish was excellent. The staff is friendly, accommodating and the service is excellent. The restaurant is small so I would suggest reservations if dining near prime time. There is plenty of parking in the area -free by the Amtrak station two blocks away.

1  Thank JusWannaSleep
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite spot in town. Great food, great folks and a wonderful selection of wine! We especially love the sausage appetizer, all of their salad (tomatoes are must) and their steaks ( flavorful and perfectly prepared). Fish and deserts are also terrific since they operate a bakery and a fish restaurant next doors. Nice open air during summer evenings. What else one can ask for.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Driving back from the Shenandoah National Park we were undecided on where to eat for dinner. (not fast food eaters) we parked down by the town information center where the LOVE sign is and started walking back up the street. There are several places that looked alright but came across an alley way dining area and chose that. We walked inside, the sign said Cafe, being a little confused of which place we were at we found we were in A Step in Thyme, we were going to leave for next door as it was a little loud but the staff was friendly and offered my son to take a look at the menu; he was sold and also very hungry.
We were seated at the window, very nice, fresh flowers surrounded the from door and flowers on the table very quaint. The staff was attentive, bread with rosemary was delicious, warm and buttery and served with Mediterranean olives. Appetizer ordered was the Lobster ravioli with fresh lump crab in a cream sauce that neither of us left a trace of what was served in the dish. Delicious!! Even though it was rather noisy that didn't ruin our meal. The Prime rib was devoured, my son said he couldn't believe he ate it all and it was the best he'd ever had. My Halibut with risotto was perfection on a platter. simply delicious. I brought home the rest. Zero room for dessert even though there were so many choices, it was tempting.
The owners daughter is the Chef and her presentation of our meal was truly elegant. I would love to go back again and again.
A bit on the pricy side, however, it was completely worth it.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stumbled on this place by accident after visiting James Madison's house. The food was excellent, my husbands tuna was perfect and I had the barbecue chicken sandwich which was delicious. The service was great and the decor quaint.