“A foodie's delight in the Country!”

Culpeper Cheese Company
Ranked #6 of 99 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Soups
Description: A combination restaurant/retail gourmet shop focused on artisinal cheeses.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I am a self confessed food and drink nerd who is so glad that Culpeper Cheese Company is in my town!
If NON-snooty, helpful, informative and knowledgeable help is what you want in your eclectic-tasteful food and wine/beer store, then you have found it.
As someone who has experienced gourmet food and wine shops that make you feel like a classless cretin, Culpeper Cheese Company stands out as the Gourmet Shop for the novice and expert alike.

Helpful, non-pushy and knowledgeable sales staff, great depth and range of tastes and price points, unique and local noshes and drinks.

I especially enjoy the "growler filling station". A monthly menu selection of craft brews that you can take home with you! (You can even try the selections first in an indoor beer garden type setting!).

A great selection of wines ranging from "good front porch post lawn-mowing wines" to "my boss is coming to dinner and he knows his grapes wines".
The staff will listen to what you are looking for and give you choices across the price ranges. More often than not, you turn the bottle around during the explanation of the wine to view the price and are pleasantly surprised at the good price point!

You can even taste from the über-cool wine tasting station!

Beer selection. WOW, you just can't go wrong! They stock a wide selection from "tried and true" to "who knew?". Now I love my beer, and between the filling station and the bottles, you can't go wrong!

There is even a section for cheeses and dairy! Excellent range and great tastes and education (again, in a non-snooty way). You kind of feel like they want to give you an education on cheeses rather than sell you a piece of cheese.

My, have I rambled! I am sure you will find more to like as it seems they keep adding more and more great items every day.

New wines come in all the time. Some you have to snatch up quickly as your wife REALLY likes a wine and you find that there is a limited supply! (Ask me how I know!)

Truly a "don't miss" shop in Culpeper! Great place for the super food and wine nerd, or a novice such as me!

2  Thank TriskellFarm

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been here a number of times for the quality and selection of cheeses and meats. I enjoy taking my kids there for us all to get some samples and each to select a cheese to purchase.

2  Thank Matthew K