“Lovely Cozy Setting - Great Dinner”

Piedmont - A Virginia Steakhouse
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Culpeper
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Lovely Cozy Setting - Great Dinner”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

On a rainy Saturday in Culpeper, my husband and I had reservations for 6pm and I called because we would be delayed a bit and it was no problem for the Piedmont. When we arrived we were seated at a lovely table in front of the fireplace. I loved the décor of the restaurant. It was so cozy and warm with our incredibly upbeat server (I could not be that sweet and positive). We both had filets and they were done to perfection. Loved this place!

Culpeper
“Why #1?”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

I simply cannot understand why this restaurant is rated number 1 in Culpeper. I have been in twice, and, was disappointed both times. While the food is fine, it is definitely not exceptional. In addition, as a steak house, there were only two cuts of steak offered on the menu. And they didn't even have one of them - the prime rib. The NY strip was ordered medium rare and came out medium to medium well at best. When the server brought out our order (both visits) she brought out food for most the table, stopped by another table to get their order, then brought out the rest of the order. It is an interesting building, but not worth going there for mediocrity.

1 Thank ServersDayOut
Culpeper, Virginia
“Wonderful evening”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My daughter and Husband took me to dinner last
Saturday to the Piedmont Restaurant. What a delightful experience. They enjoyed the steak and I savored the baked fish. Having traveled extensively abroad and state side, this restaurant ranks at the top. The service was excellent. The owner spent time talking with us and I relayed to him that I remember coming to this building when it was a hardware store with my Dad. Looking up at the original ceiling brought back many memories. My daughter wants to bring the family back for Mother's day. If you want a sensational meal, may I suggest you visit Piedmont.

2 Thank Peggie2014
Orange, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome Steak!!!”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am a Steak Lover. And I have to say I am never disappointed when my wife and I go to the Piedmont Steakhouse. I have just tried the new bone end ribeye steak which was cooked to perfection. Although this was not the first time to this restaurant my wife and I have come here about a dozen times since it’s opening. The owner and staff are always pleasant and go out of their way to see to your needs and wants. This includes even in a packed house. I have had a number of items off the menu and all of the food has been above par and I have seen whenever something was not what the customer expected the staff or the owner was quick to make it right. This is the place I always recommend to friends if they want a warm place with an excellent meal when visiting the Culpepper area of Virginia.

1 Thank BigJ0_El
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great place for a steak”
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for lunch only a couple times but enjoy the good food and service. The steak was cooked perfectly and the vegetables were good too. Portions were dinner size at lunch prices. ...would like to come for dinner sometime...nice ambiance in this old brick building.

Visited February 2014