“Great hotel in a wonderful town”
Review of Suites at 249

Suites at 249
Ranked #2 of 6 Culpeper B&B and Inns
new jersey
“Great hotel in a wonderful town”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were there for 2 nights to attend my nephew's wedding. The hotel was wonderful!, immaculate with all the creature comforts. The bathrooms were big, brand new and well appointed. The rooms were very tastefully decorated and big and luxurious.

The location is also terrific. We walked across the street in the morning to a delightful coffee shop and spent the morning shopping in all of the wonderful shops along main street.

Would defintely go back and stay at this hotel the next time we are in town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rbrinkman07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I wouldn't change a thing. The robes, the steam shower, the linens, the location, the choice of restaurants. I could go on and on. We usually choose to stay in boutique hotels and this one ranks near the top. We had a perfect evening. Culpeper has been revitalized perfectly.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ashmahne
Reston, Virginia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We loved the look, feel, and space in our room. We were able to walk to Culpeper's delicious restaurants for lunch and dinner, as well as shops and the nearby park. The room was impeccably decorated and felt clean and modern, yet romantic. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: We loved the Verde Room in particular for its view of Davis Street and the train station.
Washington, DC
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on New Years Eve, 2010 (going into 2011). We had a great time, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to stay in Culpeper.

I believe we stayed in the Acqua Suite -- but I'm not 100% sure! (I should have written this review sooner!)

The bedding and mattress were great, the bathroom was like a spa, and it was a very relaxing and restful experience. There's nothing I can really critique on it. We had a great time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rchmond
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed in the Verde suite and loved it. Nice balcony for cocktails, wonderful large bath with steam shower, beautifully appointed room. Couldn't have been more pleased. Culpeper is a lovely little town to visit. Some wonderful shops and several nice restaurants all within a couple of blocks of each other.

Midlothian, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a secluded getaway from Richmond. Culpeper of all places was perfect.

First, we were pleasantly surprised at the upscale accomodations of Suites 249. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the shower was luxurious, and the decor made us want to remodel!

Second, the location of 249 couldn't be better. It is in the heart of the quaint but chic Culpeper shopping and dining district. An overnight stay is more than enough to take in the town.

Room Tip: The second floor balconies were nice... the first floor did not appear to have outdoor space.
Northern Virginia
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Sienna suite when we were in the area for some hiking activities in Shenandoah.
Room clean, huge, bathroom huge, modern, clean and most important--the bed was comfortable. I have a tempurpedic at home, I am picky about my beds.
It is steps away from Foti (good restaurant) and across the street from a cute coffee shop.
My only complaint for Sienna suite was that its on first floor closest to the lobby. You can hear EVERYTHING. Conversations, doorbells, footsteps, all of it. This dies down by evening so I don't think it would be a problem come bedtime, but we had tried for an afternoon nap after a 8 mile hike and it was quite noisy and kept us up--couldn't doze off with the daytime commotion. But otherwise this place is wonderfully comfortable, clean and convenient.

• Stayed April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
#1 of 6 in Culpeper
Culpeper Center Suites
Culpeper Center Suites
#4 of 6 in Culpeper

Been to Suites at 249? Share your experiences!