We come to Culpeper every couple of years to visit family. We've stayed at a nearby hotel which was fine, but this place had opened since we last visited so we thought we'd check it out.
I kind of goofed up our reservations so we arrived a day earlier than our reservation. We got a double queen room instead of the king we reserved, which was totally fine, and we liked the room enough to just stay there for the week instead of getting resettled in the morning.
The room was nice. The beds super comfy and each had 4 pillows. AC was plenty effective which is key for Virginia in the summer.
Each and every staff member was pleasant, helpful and asked after our stay and experience. Housekeeping was on top of things and our room was always done when we got back to our room, a problem we encountered with the other hotel we stayed at in town. We felt comfortable enough to leave our lap top out while we were there and nothing was disturbed.
We really did not get bothered by any extraneous noise from other guests while in our room. Our relatives heard some really drunk guests having a party in the lobby. They were a bit out of control and started insulting some other guests. The front desk people disbanded the rowdy group, apologized the offended group, comped their stay and gave them an additional extra night for another stay. I love this kind of service recovery, when staff are empowered to do this on their own rather than wait for a complaint to the management.
The breakfast was what one would expect. We took what we wanted and left what we didn't. Appreciated that the breakfast area/tables were kept very clean and tidy. Kids got a kick out of the automatic pancake maker. There were healthy options out and to go bags available. Granola bars on the desk for those in a super hurry.
It was fun that on Monday thru Thursday there were snacks in the lobby in addition to the cookies put out. Later in the evening there was a movie shown on the big screen with bags of popcorn available. Apples were always available as was coffee.
We'll be making this our new home away from home while when we stay in Culpeper. The only thing that could make this place better would be if they were pet friendly.
The pool was small and a bit over chlorinated, but considering the weather and time of year, that is understood. We only used it once when the niece and nephew were over on a rainy day. Plenty of towels around and as it was midweek we had the place to ourselves.
Yeah, it is the priciest place in town (according to most of the sites we visited) but in our thoughts it was well worth the price for the comfort and ambiance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Culpeper hotel offers close access to the best of the Piedmont River Valley. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Culpeper, in the quaint horse country of Virginia, is an ideal destination for history buffs, wine connoisseurs and nature lovers.If you re traveling on business, our Culpeper, Virginia hotel offers a great location near many corporate offices. Merillat Industries and Schwan Food Industries are both within three miles of our Culpeper hotel, and the Culpeper Fairgrounds are also just a few minutes away.Our hotel in Culpeper, situated in the Piedmont River Valley, provides close proximity to several of Virginia's most historic sites and attractions. Many important Civil War battlefields are also nearby, including Brandy Station, Cedar Mountain and Kelly's Ford. Famous homes within 30 minutes of our Culpeper hotel include James Madison's Montpelier home and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello home. Additionally, our hotel is near the Gray Ghost, Prince Michel and Unicorn vineyards. Tours and tastings are offered at these Culpeper vineyards daily.When you stay at our hotel in Culpeper, take advantage of the indoor pool and fitness center. Before heading out for the day, you can stop by the hot breakfast bar featuring our signature cinnamon rolls. Reserve your Culpeper hotel reservations today and see the beautiful sites and historic attractions that Virginia has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Culpeper
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites