“other places are cheaper and nicer”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed October 13, 2011

One of my biggest pet peeves with hotel stays is when smoking rooms are hastily converted to non-smoking rooms without changing out carpets, draperies etc. and the smell of smoke still lingers in the room. That was the case in my room during this stay - I kept all my clothes zipped in my bag so they wouldn't pick up the stale smoke smell in my 'non-smoking' room. There were rust stains in the tub that could easily have been removed with some appropriate cleaning supplies. My bed had broken springs in the corner resulting in it being lumpy and unstable. The TV and tables, etc. all were 'clean' but looked like they'd been set outside in a hail storm for all the scratches and dings on them. I am not planning to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank navygreen
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Wow is all I can say about the other reviews here. We just recently stayed here last weekend. We had a very nice time and comfortable stay. The bed was very plush and cozy and our room was very clean. The staff was very friendly. We were visiting going to the Apple Harvest festival in Syria VA about a twenty minute drive.

Thanks for the great stay Comfort Inn
S. P

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is located at the south end of town in a cluster of other lodging options. At $99 a night it was not a particular bargain--outside corridors; worn but functional furniture and amenities, tiny breakfast room with mundane selection, etc. However, the hotel staff I encountered proved unusually friendly and helpful and the property is generally well maintained. You talk about your middle-of-the-road place for $100 or less per night, and the Comfort Inn is it. I've used the adjacent Best Western in the past and found it a better value.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room; no elevators to second floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2010

Very friendly staff, room was extremely clean! Breakfast was as good if not better then anywhere else i have stayed at a Comfort Inn. Neighbors were a bit noisy but that no fault of the hotel. Would and will stay again there in the future!

Ron Rose City, MI

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
TaraInn, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2010

Thank you for your recent comment on Trip Advisor, we appreciate your response and kind remarks. It is our goal to make every customer feel welcomed and satisfied when they leave our establishment. The Staff at the Comfort Inn Culpeper and I look forward to seeing you next time you visit. Kind Regards.

Reviewed May 4, 2009

The room was clean and quiet, but was very over-priced. The TV reception was terrible. The clerk that checked me out--her name was DASH--was extremely rude. The free breakfast was good. It was probably the best part of the stay. Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2008

The hotel was the first dump hotel that I've come across since beginning to stay at choice hotels.

When I arrived the person behind the desk was useless and when I called to tell her there was construction going on next door that was loud she said she didn't know. That it must be new, I said no way is it new with all the scafling and other construction equipment up.

When I entered my hotel room it smelled like wet dog. I tried to stay but there was to much noise for me to sleep after driving hours. The company should have put that there was construction in the other hotel that would affect their customers.

I checked out with 30 minutes.

Never again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed May 3, 2008

Just returned from a night at this Comfort Inn in Culpeper and I can honestly say- NEVER again. For the price I paid, I'm disappointed I received the basics I would have received, had I stayed at Super 8. (Which, by the way, I WOULD have stayed at, had Super 8 not have been completely booked). Check-in was a breeze, as the 2 women were pleasant and hospitable, but the walk to our room made me nervous. Trash littered the outside, including some old rusty hangers, that had obviously been out there for a while. Upon entering the room, it appeared clean and the bedding in good condition. We put some bottled drinks in the fridge, even though it had an unpleasant odor, and left to attend an event, noticing the tissue stuffed in the peephole. We arrived back that evening and exhausted from a long day, we hit the beds (2 double beds). It was then that we noticed that 4 of our pillows had no pillowcases. Being too tired and bit leary to walk outside to get to the lobby, we shared the "covered" pillows and went to bed. The next morning when taking showers, we noticed there were only 2 bath towels for 4 people. We also noticed hairs in the bathtub that did NOT belong to us. A folded washcloth caught my eye, as it was not as "white" as the other washcloths- I unfolded it and noticed something brown and crusty on it. I was SO disgusted that I took the washcloth down with me when I checked-out. There also was no shower curtain liner, only a fabric shower curtain that got terribly soaked.
When we initially entered the room, we noticed a sign that stated how much washcloths, towels, etc. would cost and be charged to you, if they found they were missing from the room. When I checked-out I made it a point to tell them we had 4 pillows without cases, as I did NOT want to be charged for them and I also brought the dirty washcloth to show them. The woman at the front desk that morning immediately yelled for another lady and told her about my pillows, and nothing more, acting as if she did not even want to see the washcloth I brought down. I also mentioned the hairs in the tub and the lack of a shower liner, to which one replied "none of the showers have liners". ??? They then totally disregarded me and their converstion with each other made me feel like they almost didn't believe what I was saying.
Because I didn't even received an apology or a thank you, never again will I stay at this Comfort Inn- I'd rather drive home! Oh- and if you expect internet access for $90+ a night- you won't be receiving it here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
Best Western Culpeper Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!