“Everything I needed”

Best Western Culpeper Inn
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Culpeper
Reviewed December 13, 2008

Clean, comfortable, and well maintained. The hot buffet breakfast is better than most. Front desk staff was attentive and responsive.
The equipment in the fitness center was in good working order. One TV served two treadmills, a stairmaster and an exercise bike. I had no competition for the machines at 6am.
I found the hotel to be very quiet in general during my four night stay. My only minor complaint was an occasional rumble from the heater, that the maintenance staff was unable to fix. Several other guests also commented on the noisy heaters in their rooms.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed September 16, 2008

I stayed here while presenting a workshop at a near-by college. The front desk was very helpful and friendly. We checked into our rooms and went to see the room. The interior of the room was great, much more than we expected. It looks as if the rooms were re-done recently. The bedding was current, the bathroom area looked new and nice. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room as well as high speed internet that was easy to connect to.

I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying there again if I present in the area.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2008

My husband and I wrapped up our Virginia trip at the Best Western Culpeper. We were expecting a below average stay but we were pleasantly surprised to find, what seemed to be, a freshly renovated room. The linens looked new, the bed was comfortable, the carpet and furniture showed no signs of wear. There was a granite sink area and the bathroom included a great showerhead and a corian surround.

We booked an online package that included breakfast for two. The breakfast was a buffet and it was typical food. The fresh fruit was very good.

It's about a 5 - 10 minute drive to the historic district but that wasn't a big deal at all. If you're passing through, check this place out. Not sure if all the rooms were redone, may want to ask when you book.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sensitiveartist
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Beware !!! We had valubles stolen from room by the staff. They returned them that night after we threatened to call police! The hotel manager attempted to cover up the theft. I reported it to Culpeper Sheriff Dept that advised me this hotel has a unusually HIGH CRIME RATE! Including Drug sales, prostitution, multiple room and vehicle thefts. BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
9  Thank Artifact72
Reviewed May 7, 2008

My friend and I came here after a disastrous booking at the Super 8 across the street. Of course, after that horrible experience, this place seemed like a 5-star dream! But, my bad experience notwithstanding, this place is very very nice for its star level and price. The front desk staff was very professional and friendly. Even though we just walked in, they gave us a good price. The rooms (motor lodge style, accessed from the outside) were very comfortable and clean. Nothing fancy, but I believe they had been recently updated. Bathroom is small, but again, clean. The pool in the courtyard looked very refreshing, though I didn't use it. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank PlangalDC
Reviewed October 2, 2007

This is a 1960s era motor-court styled Best Western at the south end of Culpeper. It is in surprisingly good shape on the exterior and the rooms are large, clean, and quite comfortable. Considering that there were no vacancies the night I stayed there, it was surprisingly quiet and there were no strange night noises. The staff was efficient and friendly. There is a 7-11 conveniently less than a block away.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank WomanTravelingAlone
A TripAdvisor Member
Oxford, NC
Reviewed June 20, 2005

This hotel is very old and needs updated. However the room was adequate and comfortable. And believe it or not we slept on the best mattress and pillows ever experienced in a hotel of this type.

The restaurant connected to it is also very nice.

Other than I wish they would update their hotel. It really borders between just average and above average.

Holiday Inns also need to get with the trend to provide more free stuff. They didn't even have courtesy coffee in the lobby and only offer you the one cup at a time coffee maker in the rooms.

Culpeper has a lot of tourist events going on and not many places to stay but I would recommend this one as an alternative choice.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culpeper
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Culpeper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#4 of 7 in Culpeper
Comfort Inn & Suites Orange
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton

Been to Best Western Culpeper Inn? Share your experiences!