“Great historic site.”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mappsville, Virginia
“Great historic site.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

The food was very good and we loved learning about the history of the stable and what role it played in the civil war.

Visited July 2012

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“ok for passing through”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

it had a tripadvisor certificate outside with 4 stars so we thought it must be ok. waitress was pleasant. food was a while but she admitted she forgot to say no mustard so they had to make my husbands sandwich again.I had tuna salad it mentions all the ingredients but when it came it had all of them but they didnt say the tuna was mixed with mayonnaise. we ordered large fries but didnt think they were large especially for nearly $4.The walls have interesting civil war memorabilia.

• Visited June 2012
Virginia
“Great location, good service, nice bar, food o.k.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

The restaurant is conveniently located downtown Culpeper..near lots of shops. The interior decor is Civil War themed (both North and South represented!) so history buffs/Civil War fans will enjoy. The bar is long and inviting and seemingly well stocked. Now to the food. Our experience was mixed. What was good?: The chili..served hot and spicy.What needs a "redo"?: I ordered the burger special (w/fries) ordered medium. My burger was over cooked, the bun had a stale "crisp" to it, and the fries were limp.The mac N cheese was average. The service was friendly and attentive ..on a Sunday afternoon. If you are looking for an affordable place to enjoy some "suds" and diner fare with a Civil War theme ....check out The Stable. Persnickety diners should pay attention to order prep.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank lv2travelVirginia
Rixeyville, Virginia, United States
“Very good food and well worth the price!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

My husband and I have been to the Stable 3 or 4 times. It has actually become our Friday night dinner spot. My husband got the cheese steak the first two times we went, so I ordered it the next time and it is was AWESOME!! It is certainly Overstuffed, which I believe is how they title the subs on the menu. I had the French Dip and was a little disappointed. I would of liked the beef a little thinner. Service is a little slow sometimes, but overall, a great place to eat, at a great price. Never crowded.

• Visited February 2012
Madison Heights, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Large Portions of Good Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I went to The Stable on Friday evening around 8:00. I ordered a Reuben sandwich (with mustard instead of Thousand Island Dressing) and he ordered the Cincinnati. Sandwiches come with chips and a dill pickle spear. I wanted french fries, so we ordered a "small" order of fries to share. The fries were good and the portion was very large, but with such big sandwiches (and chips) we did not need the fries. The sandwich was so large that I couldn't finish it either, so my husband finished it for me. Food was great and service was very good. It may seem that the cost is high, but you definitely get your money's worth, and you could even share a meal. We had a young man named John wait on us and he did a great job! We would definitely go there again.

• Visited February 2012