“Awesome little Pizza Parlor!!”
Review of Crozet Pizza

Crozet Pizza
Ranked #3 of 31 Restaurants in Crozet
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Located in a small town, Crozet, about 9 miles west of Charlottesville. This little, and I mean little, restaurant is THE small town quintessential pizza parlor. Everything you would expect, it is. Great service, everybody knows everybody. The pizza is delicious, well worth the drive if your visiting Charlottesville. The drive out there is a beautiful one with the scenic mountain views in the background. Great pizza!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My partner and I went to Crozet Pizza for lunch, and overall we felt that it was good pizza, but nothing that blew us away. We were in the Charlottesville area and we looked on the Food Network website to see if any shows have been filmed in the area -- his was the only place, so we decided to check it out.

Crozet Pizza is kind of in the middle of nowhere. It took a while to drive to through windy roads, but it is a very quaint and seemingly historic restaurant.

There definitely are no-frills at Crozet Pizza, but that's probably its charm. They have a good selection of local beers, and they clearly pride themselves on that. We are able to get a half-and-half pizza, and it certainly was tasty. It's more of a deep dish kind of pizza than anything else.

Clearly Crozet Pizza has been a part of the community for very long time – we sat next to the wall of pictures with Crozet Pizza T-shirts in Venice in 1990 and the North Pole in 1995, etc. It's kind of interesting to see how rabid people are in there support for this eating institution.

Overall, if you are looking for something outside of Charlottesville, Crozet Pizza is not a bad choice. It's not mind blowing pizza or anything, but it is tasty and certainly off the beaten path.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

The pizza is not worth the money. Sorry. Too much Oregano for one thing... big floppy dough is another. The atmosphere is 'tacky' and the walls need to be scraped of all the old business cards and other junk and painted and decorated with something else.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I'd heard a rumor that Crozet was voted best pizza in the state, and admit I was more than a little skeptical. But then my boyfriend and I went and got the small Special (which we couldn't finish.) I haven't traveled around VA enough to say conclusively that it's the best in the state... but I wouldn't be surprised. Also, the "small" is huge and the two of us didn't get anywhere close to finishing it.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I've only been once and will probably not return. Maybe it was a bad day for them. The toppings were adequate and there was nothing wrong with the pizza, just that we could have paid less for exactly the same at another place in town. Maybe my expectations were too high. I don't mind spending money but I didn't feel that I got what I paid for in this case.

Been to Crozet Pizza? Share your experiences!