“Good place for lunch”

Green House Coffee
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Crozet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good coffee and sandwiches in a "genuine" coffee shop with local character - not a franchise. Quiet and service was good.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Don't know why I hadn't rated this favourite lunch spot in Crozet. Located in an old home in downtown Crozet, Greenhouse Coffee is more than just a coffee shop. With made to order breakfast and lunch sandwhiches and home made soups, you can't go wrong. Just make sure you save room for dessert! The updated vaulted two story space is cozy with club chairs and sofas, with modern conveniences of Wifi and espresso machine. On sunny, warm days, there's outdoor patio seating and a fenced play yard for the kids.

Food has always been great and portions are just enough. I've never left hungry and I love to eat! Fresh brewed iced tea is always available, and I love the fact they have simple syrup if you're feeling sweet.

The ladies that work there are always sweet, as well.

1  Thank saintjon76va
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I couldn't be more excited about my meal at Green House Coffee in Crozet. I admit I love "good" chicken salad and this truly was the best I have ever eaten - anywhere. It had it all. The right amount of chicken (a lot) and the right amount of mayo - enough but not too much. And, among the choices of bread was an oatmeal bread. The combination was wonderful. There was certainly enough for two meals - but I ate it all.

You know how it is when something tastes just so perfect and you think 'just one more bite.' Then suddenly it is gone. And you are pleasantly stuffed. It was really good. And the price was just right, the service (you pick up at the counter) was quick - particularly since I arrived at the high point of lunch service and there was a respectable crowd. Maybe 5 minutes - I don't think 10 - and would have been worth the wait if it went much longer.

I suggest you arrive early -- they might run out. I will certainly be going back. Located in an old house - charming decorations - comfy couch and stuffed chairs if you want something a little more relaxed. (Might be WIFI - I did notice some folks on their computers.) And just across the street from Over the Moon Bookstore and Artisan Gallery. A perfect location next to a nice bookstore (and they have some great artisan jewelry). Definitely a thumbs up.