“Best EVER Chicken Salad Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Green House Coffee

Green House Coffee
Ranked #2 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Crozet
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Afton, VA
“Best EVER Chicken Salad Sandwich”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I couldn't be more excited about my meal at Green House Coffee in Crozet. I admit I love "good" chicken salad and this truly was the best I have ever eaten - anywhere. It had it all. The right amount of chicken (a lot) and the right amount of mayo - enough but not too much. And, among the choices of bread was an oatmeal bread. The combination was wonderful. There was certainly enough for two meals - but I ate it all.

You know how it is when something tastes just so perfect and you think 'just one more bite.' Then suddenly it is gone. And you are pleasantly stuffed. It was really good. And the price was just right, the service (you pick up at the counter) was quick - particularly since I arrived at the high point of lunch service and there was a respectable crowd. Maybe 5 minutes - I don't think 10 - and would have been worth the wait if it went much longer.

I suggest you arrive early -- they might run out. I will certainly be going back. Located in an old house - charming decorations - comfy couch and stuffed chairs if you want something a little more relaxed. (Might be WIFI - I did notice some folks on their computers.) And just across the street from Over the Moon Bookstore and Artisan Gallery. A perfect location next to a nice bookstore (and they have some great artisan jewelry). Definitely a thumbs up.

• Visited January 2013