“Consistently good food”

Fardowners Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Crozet
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: At Fardowners, we provide quality pub fare & a welcoming casual atmosphere. Chef Mark Cosgrove sources local ingredients in season & our rotating selection of craft beer emphasizes Virginia breweries. Fardowners is a great place to take the family for dinner (our kids' Mac & Cheese is definitely the best around), or to come out with friends & enjoy our actively curated draft selection & live music on weekends.Fardowners restaurant takes its name from a group of Irish immigrants who labored for the Blue Ridge Railway Co. and helped construct four tunnels through the Blue Ridge mountains during the decade before the Civil War. Claudius Crozet’s remarkable feat of engineering took eight years and linked the eastern part of Virginia to the west. Opened to rail traffic in April of 1858, the railway was instrumental in putting the village of Crozet on the map. The old C&O Railroad depot can still be seen from the restaurant windows, across The Square on the other side of the tracks.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have gone a several times in the past couple of years - weeknights and weekend brunch and the place is always busy, but I have always been able to find a seat (sometimes I have had to sit at the bar). If you have a large group (over 5 or so), you may run into a problem with not finding a table, but I have never gone with a group larger than 4. I don't think they take reservations either. The place is small and there's wide screen tvs at bar and near the bar area. This is not the place for a quiet intimate meal, but a great place for hanging out with friends for a beer (and wine). It is also family friendly, but I have never gone late at night. Prices are good with most entrees $10-$15. The burgers are good and I have even had the fish sandwich which was good too. I have not had one bad meal. They offer happy hour but don't know the specific times or details but prices were great. If you need a place to eat in Crozet, head to Fardowners.

1  Thank 4NY2VA

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We enjoyed the lively atmosphere. It was very busy and we had to wait awhile for a table. There was a decent selection of vegetarian items. The service was good.

1  Thank Mar526
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were visiting Charlottesville recently and we stopped in the town of Crozet. I had seen that Fardowners Restaurant was the top rated restaurant in the town. What a pleasant surprise. I had one great burger and a couple of craft beers. My wife was equally pleased with her lunch. If in Crozet-stop in the Fardowner.

1  Thank Rich T
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a wonderful lunch here today. The bar was quite busy for 1:30 in the afternoon, but several tables were open and the kind person who greeted us told us to choose whichever we liked. The place is smallish, so feels very intimate. Not fancy, but a great pubby atmosphere. Our food was delicious, and the servings were quite generous. You get to choose side(s) and the offerings were interesting - side salad, veggie, french fries, onion rings, and tater tots. We were very pleased with our meal and plan to return this weekend with a group. Unfortunately they don't take reservations, so we will call them and hope they can accommodate our group. Two rest rooms - both unisex. Didn't like having to put down the seat before I could use the facilities, but that is the fault of an inconsiderate patron - not the restaurant.

1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This review is not just for one meal but for a couple years worth of dinners, as well as a couple brunches. We have had several meals there which--comparing apples to apples--were among the best we've had anywhere. We have never had a meal there which wasn't anything other than very good, whether a basic angus burger, steak, salad, or special fish offering. Everything is very good. They know what they're doing in the kitchen as well as behind the bar. It's a crowded, lively pub popular with young and old, singles, couples, and families with kids. We're also fans of Bizou in Charlottesville, but Fardowners is closer, more casual, less expensive, and has a great craft beer selection on tap. Service slows down when they're swamped, but not by much and not any worse than any other popular restaurant. I'm getting hungry just writing this review.