“I almost don't want to tell you how good this place is . . .”

Fardowners Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Crozet
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: At Fardowners, we provide quality pub fare & a welcoming casual atmosphere. Chef Mark Cosgrove sources local ingredients in season & our rotating selection of craft beer emphasizes Virginia breweries. Fardowners is a great place to take the family for dinner (our kids' Mac & Cheese is definitely the best around), or to come out with friends & enjoy our actively curated draft selection & live music on weekends.Fardowners restaurant takes its name from a group of Irish immigrants who labored for the Blue Ridge Railway Co. and helped construct four tunnels through the Blue Ridge mountains during the decade before the Civil War. Claudius Crozet’s remarkable feat of engineering took eight years and linked the eastern part of Virginia to the west. Opened to rail traffic in April of 1858, the railway was instrumental in putting the village of Crozet on the map. The old C&O Railroad depot can still be seen from the restaurant windows, across The Square on the other side of the tracks.
Crozet, Virginia
“I almost don't want to tell you how good this place is . . .”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

. . . because then it might get too crowded! Do not come expecting quick service, but do come expecting great food, home-made everything, and all kinds of local flavors. I had one of the best meals I have ever eaten here, and it didn't empty my wallet. My kids, who love steak, also love to come here.

Baltimore, Maryland
“Delicious Brunch”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Some of my friends and i ate Fardowners for brunch. We went because it's #1 on trip advisor and I'm so glad we tried it! It had a real neighborhood feel to it and the food was delicious. I had the vegetarian tornada and It was very good! We had some mimosas and had a good time. The service was really good and everyone was friendly. We will definitely be returning!

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Great food”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I was suprised for a bar like atmosphere how good the food is here. The Huevos Rancheros pushed me to this 5 star rating. They have a brunch on Sunday and always have local beers available.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Best local food!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Awesome red bell pepper soup, amazing chicken pot pie in a bread bowl, and wonderful mac n' cheese! Great beers too...perfect little place for a nice dinner that's not too expensive!

Visited January 2012
Charlottesville, VA
“Lovely restaurant turned pub”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We use to dine regularly at Fardowners, and loved it when it was a full blown restaurant. Evidently, there wasn't the turn out that owner needed to keep it at that level, and so a switch to bar/ pub food was installed. So not really a nice family place. Fine for lunch or drink after work.

Visited December 2011