“Cozy Lunch Spot”

James Burke House Eatery
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Covington
Reviewed April 5, 2017

I was very impressed with my lunch. My friend and I had a table in the window with views of their little garden and the small town of Covington. The restaurant has great atmosphere. We were there for my friend's birthday. She cannot have dairy and the restaurant was very accommodating. She said the potato salad was the best she's had and enjoyed her sandwich. I enjoyed my homemade brown beans and cornbread. I look forward to returning again!

Reviewed January 4, 2017

On days that I do not feel like packing a lunch this is a good stop for me. I always enjoy my sandwiches and the ladies are always nice. It beats the socks off of going to subway for a sandwich. I visit a couple times a month, and so far I have not been let down. And it costs less than going to Wendy's.

Reviewed November 3, 2016

food was ok
staff was not very friendly
It opened at 9 am, we were there for 11am. They only had lunch food no breakfast items.

Reviewed September 13, 2016

This a small historical home turned into an eating place. Basically open for lunch only. 9 - 2 weeks days and 11 - 2 Saturday. The menu has about a dozen sandwich choices with everyone a winner. The have a different specials each day and the desserts are really good. The staff is very friendly and make you feel at home. I always try to eat lunch here when making service calls at the paper mill just down the street.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

The food is ok, but the sandwiches are quite small. So don't go with a big appetite. The best dessert is the chocolate mint brownie. Do not choose this restaurant for a catered event as it is extremely expensive.