“Great Fajitas!!!”
Review of El Caporal

El Caporal
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

I came here with a family member who lives in the area. I had the lunch fajitas. The food was very good and the portion was just the right size. The service was excellent. The staff was very quick to respond to any request, including refills on the drinks. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

They have all the traditional Mexican dishes. I gave it 4 stars only because I always pick up the scent of 'pine sol', when stopping by to pick up dinner to take home. I suppose this odor goes away after the kitchen really gets 'cooking', but I am always put off by the Pine Sol clean fumes.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I like the everything! Attentiveness of the servers, the food quality, the prices. I would definitely visit this place again next time I visit this area in December 2013.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Dinner September 10th; excellent as usual. El Cap is a hugely popular Mexican restaurant in Colonial Heights. Very friendly staff, delicious food and plenty of loyal repeat customers. Ordered Pollo Sammy for first time--quite good. Wife ordered same dish, but made with shrimp. Mine was a little on the salty side, but my wife's was not. She ordered her cheese sauce 'on-the-side', I did not, so we suspect the extra salt must have been in the con queso. We had out-of-town guests that night, so they accompanied us to El Cap and equally enjoyed their meals. He is a big Mexican food fan, so when he is well-pleased with his meal, it is a very positive endorsement for a restaurant. This was not the first time we had taken them to El Cap--and it won't be their last. He left with a big smile, as did the other three of us!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is our go-to Mexican resturant in Colonial Heights. Fast, friendly service and excellent prices. The food is typical Mexican fare. I highly recommend the white chip dip. Delicious!