Wagstaff's Steak House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The steaks are cooked right and taste good. Sides and salad bar were just o.k., and dessert looked like it was going over great with my neighbors even though I was too full to try it this visit. This is a good value for a steak house. It would be nice to see the interior decor, flatware, and other serving ware freshened up, but one can see this place has been in business for awhile because they are 100% about the customer instead of just pretentious flash. It would be too long and boring to describe every little detail that made the service really stand out so I'll just say the staff was very genuine and could write a text book on restaurant hospitality! If I lived in this area, I would be a regular here.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had 6pm reservations, arrived a few minutes early, was seated near the courtyard window. We had just the right amount of service, our glasses were filled regularly and out plates were cleared as soon as we finished eating a course.
The butcher wheeled a cart to our table and told us about the steaks on the menu, he then asked how many ounces we wanted and cut the steak for us. He asked how many minutes he should wait to start cooking the steak, to allow us time to enjoy the salad bar, soup and fruit selections (the bar was small but had all the essentials). We asked for 20 minutes, just as I finished my last bite of salad, the server was heading to the table with our steaks. They were hot and super tender (ribeye). The ONLY negative comment I have is that I really like my steak seasoned prior to cooking, I used salt, pepper and garlic mix....yummy.
I ate the whole steak and potato. I had a wonderful time, this is a new CHRISTmas tradition.
Go, enjoy!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is one of the (if not the) best restaurants in the Colonial Heights area! You can hand pick your steak and they truly cook it to order. They have a decent salad bar but there is room for improvement (more options). It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, etc.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Love this steakhouse and the famous "meat cutter"!!! This place has a wonderful salad bar and a real charcoal grill! Family owned for years.

2  Thank Rhonda A
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been enjoying special occasions at Wagstaffs for at least 20 years. The quality of the service and entrees has never disappointed us. I would recommend eating there for any special event.