“Favorite local steakhouse!”

Wagstaff's Steak House
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Love this steakhouse and the famous "meat cutter"!!! This place has a wonderful salad bar and a real charcoal grill! Family owned for years.

2  Thank Rhonda A
There are newer reviews for Wagstaff's Steak House

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We've been enjoying special occasions at Wagstaffs for at least 20 years. The quality of the service and entrees has never disappointed us. I would recommend eating there for any special event.

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

We have lived in the area for nearly eleven years and have never tried Wagstaffs Steakhouse.
We were missing out.
We've been to Ruth Chris, Morton's, Buckheads, Flemings, and Bookbinders. All had their pros and cons. All were very expensive.
Tonight, my husband I enjoyed fantastic service, great food, pleasant non stuffy atmosphere, and we paid well under $100 for the experience.
I enjoyed the 7oz filet with crabbed stuffed shrimp. He enjoyed a freshly cut New York Strip. Fresh well stocked Salad bar, choice of potato, soup and Texas Toast. We had no room for dessert! The steaks were perfectly prepared and everything was very tasty.
Your drink never got below half of a glass and the staff was courteous and pleasant.
Phooey on the Big Boys in Richmond. I'll save the gas and the $$ next time.
Thank you Wagstaffs. We will return...soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2012

A classy looking restaurant away from the fast food diners which dominate the Chester strip. We dined on a Friday night and waited just ten minutes for a table having arrived without a booking. The service throughout was friendly and efficient although being asked by four different servers as to whether we were enjoying our meal did feel intrusive.

The food is a strange mix of top quality steaks, presented at the table prior to cooking, and a salad buffet more suited to a bottom end pizza restaurant. The NY Strip and rib-eye steaks looked fantastic and tasted even better. The menu had other excellent options including a good range of sea food.

The available dessert was disappointing. Tinned fruit and cherries served buffet style. Pricing is easy to understand - you pay for the main and then get a starter, salad and dessert within the figure. Our starter was French onion soup and it tasted pretty good.

This is an efficient, well run family restaurant with a pretty compelling product - steak meals of the highest quality - but at a good price. I guess the prices are kept low by economizing on the side dishes and desserts. My feeling is that the owners have actually got this right in these times of austerity.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have eaten at Wagstaff's many times over the years and always claimed they had the best prime rib. I can no longer make that claim. The cut was too thin and too overcooked even though I expressly asked for medium. My sons prefer the shredded iceberg lettuce on the salad bar but I like a mixture of greens but always overlooked this because I was getting a great Prime rib. The service was adequate (I did notice only male waiters on this visit). We requested our main course be delivered in 15 minutes after we ordered but we got it 30 minutes later while several who were seated after us received their meal before us. I feel bad that a once favorite restaurant has now become average. Will I eat here again? Maybe, just to see if they can redeem themselves-you hate to let go of something that was once so good.

1  Thank wopo10