“Value Place Staff lies repeatedly”

WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee
ColonialHeights
“Value Place Staff lies repeatedly”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

0i moved into the Value Place in Colonial Heights Va. in Feb. with the promise of being to my favorite room 401, that I stayed in for six months during my previous stay. Since then the room came available twice. Both times they rented it to someone else without honoring their agreement with me. I asked about renting another room on the fourth flour, room 433. I was told when it came available I would get that one. When I asked it the guest moved out yet the supervisor Casey told me no. 45 seconds later I went back to the front desk again to ask it 401 was available yet. Markell was at the front desk and said 401 didn't move out but 433 was available. I reallly didn't appriciate being lied to but I was. Casey said I would get 433 as soon as they cleaned it up. That was another lie, they rented to someone else. I was told friday that sunday night when I came back to pay my rent I would be given the keys to 401 so I could move in. Saturday I drove to Martinsville and spent the night at home. So I left my wife in Martinsville and came back early so I could get moved in. I was told by Markell that he rented the room even though he knew I was supposed to get it. He then lied to me and said the guest would be there for only one week. I called the guest in 401 and he said that was not true and that he would be there for a long stay.There have been other troubles too long to get into. Bottom line is that if I could find a hotel in the area with a kitchen for even a little more money I would take it immediately. Stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Randy B
WoodSpringHotels, Public Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 23, 2016
We are sorry to hear you experienced a few inconveniences during your stay. We hope you will consider giving WoodSpring Hotels another try.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Colonial Heights, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Great place to stay for the price! Great location and wonderful staff! I would recommend this place to any of my friends and if I ever find myself needing something like this again I would go back. The laundry area was clean and every morning when I left they were cleaning the halls and floors. The wireless connection does leave a little to be desired there but other than that it was a great place to stay and I felt very safe being there with my children. I was amazed that the entire staff knew our names.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lori Y
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I hope that you will consider Value Place if you ever need a place to stay.
Eastern Shore of Virginia, Virginia
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Being a commuter college student this was in great location and definitely affordable! There is access to a variety of food and they are all near by, some even in walking distance. Staff was very friendly and helpful in every way possible. Only sad thing wi-fi never worked for me. The laundry facility was very clean and never crowded.

Room Tip: First floor rooms to the right side of the entrance door
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank StephanieD895
Thank you for your feedback! We take all guests comments very seriously and will investigate why the wi-fi didn't work for you. We are very happy that the rest of your stay went well. We hope that you will consider Value Place again if you ever need a place to stay.
Reviewed April 28, 2013

After booking online at $319.00 we arrived after an 11 hour drive. The attendant said all Value "hotels"Are independantly owned and said the price so would be $450!!!!!!! Outraged they agreed to lower the price to $327.00. So we get in the room, there are no blankets, No pillow cases, No towels and no shower curtain! !!!!! The room is a pit!! So we demand a refund and after as brief exchange they agree to refund the money.. in 3-5 business days! !!! Grrrrrrr IT'S A FLOP HOUSE, NOT A HOTEL AVOID AT ALL COST!!! P.S.They also said they were going to run me and my wife's name to make sure we were not sex offenders! !!!!!!!
Avoid! !!!!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Marc19682k2
We apologize you had a bad experience during your stay, but glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and your wife to some degree. We wish you the best in your future travels.

Travelers are raving about these Colonial Heights hotels

Colonial Heights
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff is both friendly and helpful. The key-card entrances make the stay so safe. Very enjoyable experience. Recommend it to anyone near or in the Colonial Heights area. Convenient location to Petersburg and Richmond area. Laundry facility in the building is clean and makes life easy...limits the work needed after the vacation when returning home. Any type of food that you may wish for is also convenient and some are within walking distance. With a nearby Walmart, you can save money by cooking in your own kitchen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Vicki B
We are glad we were able to provide you with an extended stay hotel you enjoyed. We love hearing from customers about their stay. We hope you will stay with us again, soon.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed July 15, 2012

As far as my limited experience with extended-stay hotels go, this one met all my expectations. Positives: It is in a great location, shopping and restaurants galore. As for cleanliness, the room wasn't perfect but overall it was acceptable. Common areas were very clean--in fact I came in several times to see the staff cleaning which was appreciated. Staff was very friendly and willing to help. On-site security/after hours person was fairly visible. Appears to be fairly new. Overall I felt safe.
Negatives: There was a stain on the sheet, and when I went to change it, it appeared the mattress cover hadn't been washed (hair--this being the reason I gave it "average" rather than "very good"). They only gave out one small roll of TP and two towels at a time, which was annoying since I had a double room with 2 adults and 2 children.
Basically, be aware of what you are getting. No there is no hair dryer, iron/ironing board, coffee pot, housekeeping. Not even trash bags in the cans when you get in the room. There's a stove top and full size fridge but nothing to cook or eat with. You can pay extra for some of that if you choose. Bring your coffee pot and some paper products and at least you have a place to prepare some cereal or sandwiches.
Overall, I think it was a good value and I would go with Value Place again for an extended-stay hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lunargirl218
We appreciate your feedback and we are glad, overall, you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you will choose WoodSpring Hotels again.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I stayed here during the holidays visiting my grandchildren. My son and his family are stationed at Fort Lee and I found it extremely easy to go back and forth from the base. I loved the idea of having a kitchen in my room because morning coffee is a part of my daily routine. My room was very clean and anything I needed the staff went above and beyond. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Christina0058
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
We really appreciate you lodging with us and we are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience! At Value Place we promise a truly affordable, incredibly clean, much safer experience that's always simple and flexible to fit your needs. We wish you well in your future travels, come back and visit!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield - Colonial Heights
Comfort Inn South Chesterfield -...
#4 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heights
Candlewood Suites Colonial Heigh...
#6 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg

Been to WoodSpring Suites Richmond Fort Lee? Share your experiences!