“Great stay as usual”

Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Kill Devil Hills, United States
“Great stay as usual”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Have always stayed at Hampton Inn. Love the care and special attention that is always received. The staff really seems to care that you have a great stay and go above and beyond to make that happen!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
lufkin, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is a good hotel, friendly staff/ the housekeeping just needs to be worked with, they kept forgetting to leave me coffee, I worked 12 hour days, I would have to go back down and get coffee, they also left a dirty towel instead of a clean one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Gloucester, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Repeat customer at this hotel. Staff always helpful. Rooms consistant! I will return. If you like Hampton Inns, this one is a good one. Location is great if you ae traveling north or south along 95. Good Korean restaurant across the road or Meican if that is your preference.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Memphis, United States
Reviewed May 5, 2014

While the room was okay for the price, the issues added up to me wishing I had chosen another property: 1. Hallway on my floor, 4th floor, was extremely hot. I reported it and nothing seemed to be done. It was only in the 70's outside. 2. The hallways were noisy, doors slamming, paper thin walls; I was told "this was a busy weekend due to the race", but no offer to speak to the rowdy guest were made. 3. Pool and hot tub area was overrun with kids running and diving into the pool. While I was in the hot tub, it was disturbing. No staff ever came down to advise of pool rules or calm the situation. 4. Fitness room equipment was broken or malfunctioning consistently and there is no air, causing it to be extremely hot. 5. Staff did not order/prepare enough food during a busy weekend, the breakfast buffet was completely depleted each time I went down Friday-Sunday. 6. THE REAL KICKER: Bugs were all over the 5th floor laundry room and in the hallways on 5 and 4. I reported this and it appeared that some of the bugs were removed from the laundry room but I still saw them in the halls and a few in my room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Courtney B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to complete our survey. Here at the Hampton Inn Colonial Heights we strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We sincerely apologize that we fell short of meeting your expectations. We have addressed all of the issues you had experienced during your stay with us. We would appreciate the opportunity to make the quality of your next stay meet our goal of providing 100% guest satisfaction.
Courtney Baxley
Dallas, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2014

There is nothing that hotels can offer that really outdoes other hotels than actual human service. If you'd like to stay where the people behind the desk actually give a good darn about how your stay is, this is the place in the Petersburg, VA area that you need to book. Ask for Doug!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

First let me say I usually love Hampton Inns and I have to admit the bed was comfy. But, This one did not give me the same warm fuzzy feeling. No cookies. No herbal teas. Right behind a giant mountain waste dump. When outside you can smell. No little clean post it, on the bed. Next time, I will stop a little sooner or go just a little further. There was a reason why the inn was so empty. It is right off 95.. Good for one short night, if you are tired.

• Stayed May 2014
Courtney B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Blackwoods2013
We’re extrememly sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. Our welcome cookies are served Monday to Thursday during check in. We have added herbal tea to our complimentary coffee station available 24 hours as per your request.
We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Courtney Baxley
Athens, United States
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Love Hampton Inn's. This one had a minor bathroom problem (running toilet and poor shower pressure but was ok for one night stay) and the TV in the fitness center needs to be moved for viewing while exercising (did not report tv placement). I reported bathroom issue to hotel in the morning but stopped it myself during the night a couple of times. I was traveling for Military with my Active Duty soldier and did not receive government rate but did receive Military Family rate. Other Hampton's (like Fort Benning base Hampton Inn)always honor the Active Duty/Government rate when I travel with my son in the room but I didn't make a big deal out of a few dollars difference. Breakfast items were wonderful as usual. I also always feel safe in Hampton's. Loved the location of this one right next to the mall. 10 Minutes from Fort Lee. Excellent dinner recommendation from Front Desk for Brickhouse Run in Old Petersburg.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - F...
#4 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee

Been to Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall? Share your experiences!