“Hampton Inn Is The Best Hotel In the Area”

Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Philadelphia, United States
“Hampton Inn Is The Best Hotel In the Area”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When my friend and I stopped for the night, this time we chose the Hampton Inn. It was wonderful from start to finish. A man named Doug checked us in quickly. He gave us a quite room on the top floor, the 6th floor. He even offered to help with the luggage. The room looked small, but wasn't. All our combined luggage fit with room to spare. I guess it's the big comfortable beds that gave me a distorted view when entering. The room was WIRED for a computer and had wireless access as well, so both of us could use our computers at the same time. My friends computer wasn't connecting to the wireless internet, so this was just a dream come true for her. It also meant I could get to sleep earlier. Rounding out the extras were; a writing desk for use on a bed, a coffee maker with regular and decaff coffees, a large HDTV, extra large and small towels, shampoo and conditioner, body lotion and mouthwash, and a small refrigerator. Sorry, I don't remember if there was a microwave or not. The two double beds were heaven to sleep on. For the first time in my life, I slept through my friend waking up, showering and working on her computer. I was just stunned when my alarm went off and all this had happened. After packing, we took advantage of the free breakfast. I was resigned to a cup of coffee and a sweet roll. Was I ever surprised again! The breakfast was everything I dream of and then some. There were the sweet rolls, fresh bagels, doughnuts, muffins and cupcakes (the dark chocolate chip with cream filling was divine), various hot and cold cereals, a make it yourself waffle maker, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs (I think they were made with one of those egg substitutes), coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and various juices. These may not be all of it, but it's what I can easily remember. Coming off a week of vegan like meals, it was heaven. I will never stop at any other hotel in the area again. This one is absolute heaven. F.Y.I. The Holiday Inn next door was awful in comparison. They were more expensive, had no one to help two older ladies with our many bags (who leaves them in a car these days). Then, they gave us a noisy room where we were awoken by other guests, FREQUENTLY (a US base is nearby, so they all got up around 4AM). The refrigerator didn't work well, etc. There is no free anything at the Holiday Inn. The horrid breakfast was cold, cooked for the 4AM'ers and was just reheated for us. I will spare you the horror of it. To add injury to insult, it was VERY expensive. Do not eat at the Holiday Inn or stay at the Holiday Inn, ever. Go a few yards farther down the road and stay at the Hampton Inn, you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Clean room and spacious. Bed was very comfortable and firm. Bathroom was very clean. Employees were very courteous.
Very enjoyable stay. Traveling to Myrtle Beach and thought we'd break the travel time up and picked Hampton. We go to MB every year and will definitely stay next year.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenarden, United States
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Absolutely loved the hotel. Great location for dinner and shopping. Staff is extremely friendly. Breakfast was nice, but could use a few more food options. I will be visiting the hotel again in two weeks and would recommend it to others.

new jersey, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

After several stays this hotel has consistently been a good experience. The rooms were large, clean well maintained. The staff was always available, pleasant and happy to help. Check in with reservation was fast and simple.

Bowie, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was warmly greeted and treated like royalty by the support staff and things only got better as I walked into a huge cool and sweet smelling room. The king bed was very spacious and extremely comfortable. The free breakfast was great and help get me off on a great 8 hour trip. I would most certainly recommend this particular Hampton Inn as well as the brand as I have had nothing but great service.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hampton is a very clean, and friendly hotel to conduct meetings/business. Also great for a get away, with their swimming pool, jacuzzi and workout room. The complementary breakfasts were different every morning, complete with everything ! I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will stay again in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Chesterfeild, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I want to thank everyone who assisted us with our special day we were treated like King & Queen of this hotel there were other wedding parties there but I felt like the only one Thanks to the maid service for preparing our honeymoon suite the afternoon of our day I will revisit this one lots of love Mr & Mrs Mark & Veena Smith :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Veena J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - F...
#5 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg

Been to Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall? Share your experiences!