“Quality and service from minute one”

Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The facility is great, the nice rooms you expect from Hampton, but the service and staff are top notch! They went above and beyond multiple times. We came in w/out reservations and were helped courteously. Our last hotel was unpleasant so we only booked one night. The next day I asked to extend our stay and the hotel was sold out. They found one room and called next door to find us another. Eventually, they worked it out so that we were able to stay and were so professional and helpful in arranging our two rooms w/ the least hassle. With a sold out hotel, they did not have to do any of this. Every one was so helpful. My soldier needed rest and we needed family time. They were awesome in helping us, w/out us even telling them.

Room Tip: This hotel is convenient to everything and close to Ft Lee
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Courtney B, Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

It was our pleasure serving you. And from all of us here from the Hampton Inn Petersburg Southpark- Mall want to say… Thank You!
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

There is not much choice for places to stay in this area. We stayed here for 2 nights. The Hampton Inn was clean, the beds comfortable, and provided all of the expected services. We would recommend this as a good place to stay.

Room Tip: We were meeting another couple. I called ahead and asked for rooms next to each other and got it...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Courtney B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Our goal at the Hampton Inn Petersburg Southpark Mall is to provide every guest with the highest level of accomodation and service and instill Hamptonality in all our employees.
Looking forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

I typically love Hampton Inn's. I'm a Diamond Hilton Hhonors member. However, this Hampton Inn is below standard. Room was dirty, scuff marks all over the walls, staff were not friendly. Just not up to par with other Hampton's. Next time I'm in town for work, I will stay at the Hilton Garden Inn around the corner.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank mrd1352

I would like to personally apologize for the the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall.
It was very dissapointing for me and the entire staff at the hotel to learn about your experience at our hotel and i have shared your comments with my entire staff at the hotel.
The staff and myself have ensured we are inspecting rooms daily for cleanliness and maintenance issues and have corrected all the concerns you have outlined in your response on trip advisor.
Our rooms have been freshly painted and there are no visible signs of scuff marks.
I am humby requesting you to give us one more opportunity to serve you in the future and prove to your our Southern Hospitality and high standards of cleanliness that is expected of us.
I look forward to your next visit and if there is anything i can do please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here for two nights to attend the race at Richmond. The service, room condition, and location were very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you in the future

Reviewed April 7, 2012

we first stayed at this Hampton not long after it opened and made a note to return...
last nite we did and have removed this location as a stopover point...
the facility just doesn't seem well maintained...
it's not horrible -- just not up to the Hampton experience we rely on...

a light was burned out in our room...
one of the bathroom electric outlets didn't work...
there were adults having a disagreement at 230am in the hallway...

just little things...

the location is very convenient to I-95...
and there's a Starbucks close by...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

It was very disheartening for me and the entire staff at the hotel to learn about your experience at our hotel and i have shared your comments with my entire staff at the hotel.
The staff and myself have ensured we are inspecting rooms daily for cleanliness and maintenance issues as our goal is to ensure we provide all our guests with the highest level of service and accomodation.
I am humbly requesting you to give us another opportunity and prove to you our Hamptonality.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

This was my 2nd visit to Colonial Heights over a 2 month period. I stayed for 5 nights, I believe.
There was a memorial service for my mother the day after I arrived followed by a big 50th reunion for the first graduating class of Colonial Height High School. The staff at the front desk remembered me immediate from the two month before when I stayed there for my aunts funeral. They as always treated me like family and made sure that all of my needs were met. Like before, other members of my family from out of town stayed there also and were very happy with the staff. The staff is exceptional there and also at Stony Creek, Va. and Williamsburg, Va. I would like to think that they are representative of all Hampton Inns, but I cannot attest to that. I look forward to my next trip to Colonial Heights, Va. and I will make sure that I stay there the next time also.

Room Tip: I have to get a room for handicap and it is huge.. just avoid being too close to the elevators, but...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

The entire staff at the Hampton Inn Petersburg Southpark Mall would like to thank you for kind words. It is comments like these that make us proud of our efforts and keep us motivated.
Looking forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Hampton Inns are invariably top notch, especially in the areas of staff friendliness, complimentary breakfast, and quality/appearance of the rooms.
I would say this particular hotel hit two out of three. Staff was great and breakfast very good. The room, however, desperately needed to be repainted. The wall as you came into the room was very badly and very widely scuffed. Just not what I've come to expect. I mentioned it on the way out to the desk clerk.
Certainly not a show stopper; but, it I find myself in the area again, will likely opt for the nearby Hilton Garden Inn.
I would say they are equidistant from Old Town Petersburg, if that's one of your decision factors in selecting a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Please accept my sincere apology for the the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall.
Our Maintenance team has addressed your concenrs and our guest rooms have been freshly painted and there are no visible signs of scuff marks.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Holiday Inn Petersburg North - F...
#6 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee

Been to Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall? Share your experiences!