“Ok stay here...”

Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee
Haworth, New Jersey
“Ok stay here...”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Enjoyable stay overall. Chose this hotel as it had a swimming pool to start the day off right. However I found the pool doesn't open till 10:00 am. The staff did accommodate me and opened the pool which included a jacuzzi and was really great. I had no complaints on the room as noted by other guests. It was clean and neat. Corridors and carpet are old though and should be refreshed. Breakfast was super - scrambled eggs perfect not dried out. Worth staying!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Just checked in our room. At $92 for a Suite, I'm not complaining at all. A great deal for our family of 4. Room has 2 Queen beds & pull out sofa. The highway traffic is a bit louder than expected, but still no complaints. The front desk clerk will definitely NOT get employee of the month for friendliness. I guess other than her, "why are you disturbing me at 4am" attitude, the check-in was a breeze.
Being a Priority Club member comes in handy so we can check out late (at 2pm).
*note* this hotel does NOT show up on the iPad Maps app or Travelocity

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Our bathroom was not clean. It had hair all over the sink and dirt build up in the floor corners. There was a candy wrapper on the floor in the corner of the bedroom. The room also had a sewage smell. The staff was attentive but overall not a good value for the price.

• Stayed November 2012
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear rwilford,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am pleased that you have mentioned our attentive staff. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Janice A
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed November 3, 2012

As a Platinum club member I have come to expect more.
I turned down my bed to find hair and crumbs i it.
The staff was very responsive and did come up to my room and changed the bedding.
I asked that the room be thoroughly cleaned the next day, when I returned from work I found the same dirt on the carpet and in the bathroom from earlier.
They also do not offer any free breakfast coupons for Platinum members.
The property is right next to a sewage treatment plant and always has a terrible odor.
Sorry I won't be returning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Colonial Heights hotels

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stopped at the Holiday Inn Petersburg North on a trip from NYC to Atlanta. After miles of construction delays on I-95 south, all I wanted was a comfy bed and some quiet. I did get the comfy bed...however, the rooms are not soundproofed - there must be huge gaps under the doors because you could hear every door on the hall open and close. The hall was very clean. I know this because housekeeping vacuumed it at 7:30 am. Normally, I would set the fan on the AC unit to "on" instead of "auto" so that the fan would run all night to block out some noise....this system did not do this so that every time the air kicked on the unit by the window would rattle and wake me up. Also - hotel is a bit difficult to find off the interstate...needs better signage. Front desk clerk not very helpful - I did not have my priority club number handy and he said he could not look it up - since I'm platinum and wanted to get points, I looked up on my phone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Momvold,

Thank you for being our Platinum Priority Club member and choosing to stay with us. I am delighted that you found our beds comfortable and appreciated our housekeeping services. Please accept my sincerest apology for the unacceptable noise, air conditioning unit and front desk staff services received. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and for this reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Zelyn N
Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Reviewed June 9, 2012

room was clean and service fine..hotel was crowded but there was race nearby.. a little off the beaten path .. good stop when traveling east coast from north to south... or vice versa...bartender provided excellent service... even had hoeegardeen in stock

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cptsned
Indio, CA
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Book early and stay at a better place. Because of the proximity to Fort Lee these hotels seem to book up early on weekends. This place was lacking in service. Requested a room with no adjoining door. Took three tries to get us into one, after schlepping luggage all over the hotel. Never realized it was so difficult, but then you would need a desk clerk who cared. I am told that comments you enter on line when making a reservation do not come through to the hotel. Then why do they have a place for them? Once we finally got into a room it had less than a quarter roll of toilet paper for three people. Took two phone calls to have someone bring us a roll. The room key would allow access to some areas (pool) but not to others (fitness area). The room was in typical condition and reasonably clean, though the sheets were very worn. All in all, the stay could have been worse, but the lack of customer service would prevent me from staying there again if I had other options.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear glrsandldy,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We are pleased you liked the location of our hotel as well as the room accommodations you received. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel staff may have caused. We will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Regards,
Jaime W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Heights
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark Mall
Hampton Inn Petersburg-Southpark...
#2 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events

Been to Holiday Inn Petersburg North - Fort Lee? Share your experiences!