“Good food, good views!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Good for: Scenic view
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Wilkerson's is a large restaurant just outside downtown Colonial Beach. The owners wisely chose a simple, clean look with large windows on three sides so diners have a nice view and plenty of natural light during the day and evening. We stopped here for lunch on our way to Colonial Beach and were not disappointed. Our waitress brought a basket filled with freshly made hush puppies which almost, but not quite, filled us up. Luckily we saved room for the crab cake sandwich which comes with your choice of sides. The sandwich itself is just crab--all crab, no fillers--on a simple roll. Our sides (fries and onion rings) were freshly prepared and very good. Views out over the water are relaxing. Service (at around 2:00 in the afternoon) was not rushed. I got the feeling that no one rushes anyone here. Must be the effect of those water views. We chose Wilkerson's because we have underestimated how long it would take us to get to Colonial Beach and we were really hungry. I saw the sign and said, "let's stop here." Glad we did.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a nice find on our trip. Great views of the Potomac, tasty food and very good service. All platters come with one trip to a good salad bar (which even had pickeled watermelon rinds) and one side--we had a large baked potato. A basket of hush puppies were brought with the meal. Fried oysters for $20 and a crab cake for $13 were very good platters. A good, filling meal in a friendly place.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Typical shore menu, prepared really well. Hushpuppies are hot and wonderful. Crab cakes are terrific, well-seasoned and lightly fried. Sides are filling and overall satisfying. Dessert was unexpected: frozen key lime pie that was superb!

1  Thank Vicki F
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I must start out by saying the view is great. We didn't get a booth by the window because they were all taken but still had an amazing view. As far as everything else we were not impressed. The service we received was horrible. The waitress was rude and after taking our order we never saw her again. She never even came back to give us our ticket. I had to ask for it at the front. The only thing I found that I thought was ok we're the fried shrimp. The crab cakes were not good and I really did not care for the steamed shrimp. The boiled potatoes had no taste at all. We will not be returning here ever. Oh and don't forget WAY OVERPRICED!!!!!!!

2  Thank medicheath
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Wilkerson's has been in business for years and I started visiting there when I was about 12 years old. They have many excellent seafood choices ranging from fresh fish to crabs and shrimp. They also have a buffet if you are so inclined. One fabulous feature that Wilkerson's has is a picture window on at least two sides of the building. Wherever you sit, you have a scenic view of the Potomac River.