“Very Nice Place”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Hunan Diner
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This a very popular restaurant in a quaint beach town. We met some family there for dinner while travelling through and found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. We had a nice meal and enjoyed the ambiance and service as well as the food. The menu offered some interesting combinations for all tastes and preferences.

1  Thank BillP1215

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

The good was what you would exspect for a typical Chinese resturaunt. The owner was very friendly and welcoming.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Nice to have in a seafood down home town.We had to go but very nice inside and outside dining available.The food was good and service great recommend for a change.wide variety of food also.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I just noticed the poor review of Hunan Diner today. My husband and I eat there about once per week. I know a group of artists that meet there every week. Many of my friends get take-out here on a regular basis. Hunan is just what one should expect from an old-school Chinese restaurant. The egg rolls are good. The dumplings are great. The food is good and is fresh. The prices are low. The staff is friendly and accommodating (I don't enjoy broccoli and they take it out of my food.) My husband often has a seafood entrée and there are several he likes. Today he had shrimp with snowpeas and he enjoyed it. I like to alternate between chicken with vegetables and one of several more spicy dishes. If we have children with us, the staff is willing to make a Shirley Temple or other nonalcoholic drink for them - something that many restaurants won't bother to do any more. The kids love that. Hunan is not open on Mondays and it closes about 10 pm. Any other time that you come to this restaurant, the staff will serve you good fresh food in a fast and friendly manner. Watch for the special occasion buffets served here on some holidays - they are very popular and the restaurant is usually crowded with people when the buffets are held.

1  Thank Judith M
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My in-laws suggested going to Hunan Diner, and after they said the best part about our dinner is that now we would know never to take guests back.

Egg rolls tasted freezer burned.

All four entrees were unsatisfactory. They were under seasoned, unflavorable, and unfresh. Breadings on chicken seemed pre-made, made from frozen, and greasy. The food made us wonder how old the ingredients were and how much of the meal was prepared ahead of time and reheated.

Service was alright, but food was horrible. You would have better luck at a fresh, flavorful meal buying frozen pre-made Chinese food from the grocer.

1  Thank kspieler