Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast
Dennison Street Inn(Colonial Beach)
$229
Riverview Inn - Colonial Beach(Colonial Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$147
$79
$77
$97
All reviewswarm hospitalitybed and breakfastgreat place to staybathbedroompillows
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My wife and I took a long weekend to explore Colonial Beach and stayed at Monroe Bay Inn. It has a great location between the bay and the river, about a 10 minute walk from the center of town. The house itself is very comfortable, with plenty of space inside and out to spread out and relax. Shirley, the hostess, was very welcoming and provided much useful information about good places to eat and what to see.

Room Tip: The smaller rooms seemed no less attractive than the larger ones.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. It was great fun to meet you and talk about Colonial Beach, my favorite place to be. Come back soon to see the changes in the Inn, different dining room furniture and an encaustic art studio.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My second trip to the Monroe Bay Inn was just as delightful as my first experience! The innkeeper made my stay as pleasant & comfortable as before which is always appreciated when your expectations are high. I was not disappointed but enjoyed my stay even more this time.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Janet S

The third stay will be even better! I look forward to your visit in February for the Explosion of Creativity workshop.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

My cousin and I spent a long weekend at the Inn. My cousin is from MD and I am "local", matter of fact VERY local. I live less than 10 miles from this delightful B & B. I never have time to enjoy the great things the area has to offer, so I decided to take the time to chill out and enjoy the local scenary and the Monroe Bay Inn B & B was a great choice. Very relaxing, good food and a wonderful Innkeeper, Shirley. I would highly recommend a stay at this incredible find in the Northern Neck.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ann M
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

What fun to have you stay at the Inn! The best part of my job is meeting people like you. You are always welcome to visit.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Shirley was a fantastic host. She served a great breakfast and made us feel at home. She has a fantastic space and a great location. It's just off the main drag of Colonial Beach (less than 2 mins) so you're close enough but far enough away that you can relax. She is active in the local art community and offers her B&B as a place for local artists to display their work.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thanks for your review! The Inn with the glider on the front porch is a great place to relax and enjoy the quiet neighborhood. I'm glad you liked your stay and hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

In just two days, my wife and I had the experiences of a normal week anywhere else. Thanks to the recommendations and referrals from our Inn Keeper, Shirley Hinrichs, we sampled the excellent food and sights of this very interesting and comforting area of the country. Shirley has managed to display a beautiful variety of local Art that can be viewed, enjoyed and even purchased. The very creative Art extends even to the Flower beds and yard with very colorful and unique Yard Art. The MBI is extremely comfortable and clean destination center, managed by the affable, effecient and knowledgable Inn Keeper, Shirley. The food is excellent, the beds very comfortable, the Inn spotlessly clean and the atmosphere fun, friendly and warm.

Room Tip: Room # 1 is # 1.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeeJo45
Shirley H, Manager at Monroe Bay Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2012

Thank you so much for staying at the Monroe Bay Inn. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time at the Inn and in Colonial Beach. I look forward to seeing you again.