“Wonderful experience!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Colonial Beach
Tides Inn Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the most wonderful experience for my family and I! I would like to comment on some of the people with the negative reviews...you are staying at a bed & breakfast not the holiday inn so of course things will be "older" like the TVs and there will be antiques everywhere which I believe is the charm of a b&b! The brekast was delicious (there is a lovely market attached to the b&b where the daughter is a chef) and if you would like something specific or are allergic simply ask they are more than accommodating! And if not the surprise in the morning of "what's for breakfast" is always nice. The owner Meghan was a real sweetheart just get to know her (you never know what others are going through unless you put yourself in their shoes). Overall this was a great trip and well worth the luxurious sheets and comfortable beds! Thank you, we will be back!!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and i read the reviews after booking and we thought it was going to be horrible... well it wasnt horrible but it wasnt great. If youre already going to be in the area then i would stay there but i would not make a special trip...the ladies are nice but they are touch your breakfast with their bare hands...and then try and feed it to you...(a no go, we left and didnt eat their breakfast)

the rooms are simple nothing fancy....if your looking for rest and relaxing time and just want to lay in bed and do the B&B thing...this is not the place.. spend a few more $$ and try another. We had planned on 3 nights, and optd for 2 and booked another B&B for the last night (not in the CB area).....

Room Tip: Stay in the Breakers...its smells less like smoke
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FFXTravelers
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went over to make room reservations, but when I arrived on the front porch, I was hit with the most intense stale cigarette/tobacco smell I've ever experienced -- and I am an ex-smoker. When you can smell a building's cigarette stench OUTSIDE the building, you know it's bad. I hear the owners are lovely, but they really must do something about the odor if they want to attract a non-smoking clientele.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The most important thing to know about this inn is that the owner smokes, so the entire inn, bedrooms and all, reek of cigarettes. I was quite upset that it wasn't advertised as a smoking establishment. I now see that there are other reviews that mention this, but unfortunately, I had not seen them ahead of time. Had we not already paid we would have left. As it was, we sat outside until bedtime and then left immediately in the morning. Bad experience!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Picacho
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We rented the most expensive room $200 with tax. For $200 I expected shampoo, conditioner and at least two bars of soap in the bathroom. The only thing we got was 1 bar of soap and 1 washcloth.

I told the InnsKeeper, who is NOT nice at all, that I was vegetarian and was it possible to get a veg. breakfast. She said, "well I need to make breakfast for the runners (there was a marathon going on that day)." Well that was fine, but I was a guest too. The next morning there were three little veggie quiches on the table and by the time I sat down to eat, they were all gone. Other guests took them. That was fine, but the Innskeeper never came out to the dining area to serve anyone. The food ran out, and everyone was just out of luck. You would figure for $200 a night you would at least get a nice breakfast, with a little service. My breakfast probably cost $5.00 which consisted of watermelon.

I would NOT recommend this place as it is the WORST place we have every stayed. It was a waste of $200. 1 bar a soap, 1 washcloth, watermelon and a RUDE Innskeeper is not what I call a nice evening.

Room Tip: My best tip is NOT to go!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I am sad to give this review of when we stayed in August of 2011. The owners of the Breakers and the Tides Inn are friends --- and if you stay at the Breakers drinks will be served at the Tides Inn.
I thought both owners were kind, low key and accomodating. The Breakers is interesting in structure. The owners allow you to use the golf cart for free--which my kids and I LOVED.
However, the Breakers and the Tides Inn smells of smoke CONSTANTLY. I hope that the owners will read this and learn. You smell the smoke in your room, during breakfast--- everywhere in the house and you even smell it on the front porch if you choose to eat out there.
If you have an allergy, or loathe smoke this is NOT the place for you.
The only reason I am writing this is to forwarn people about this issue. I wish I knew about this ahead of time.
If this is not an issue--stay here! The owners are soooo kind.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank Deweylou
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Not worth the money to stay there. TVs need to be updated. A lot of work to the house. Still need be done. And it's not a made to order breakfast. They make what they wanna make. I made reservations for 125. Check out the charge the 135. It's a bad example of a bed and breakfast place.

• Stayed: October 2011