“Good for Colonial Beach, but...”

High Tides on The Potomac
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good for Colonial Beach, but...”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We were in with a table of 13 for dinner, and that's a tough crowd to serve, but dinners did not come out on time and one dinner was very delayed. Other side dishes were forgotten but staff quickly resolved it and was very helpful. Good quality food, nice cocktails and cold beer. Very friendly to our group. Dinner selection was great (steaks and seafood), starters are all fried options nothing creative or healthy. Willing to try again.

• Visited March 2013

Lusby, Maryland
“Good Seafood, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I just recently moved to the area and I am in the process of visiting all the local restaurants. I really enjoy good seafood and was satisfied after visiting here. I had the Crab Imperial, which was one of the best I have ever had, Lump crab meat in a creamy sauce. It was good. My wife had Stuffed Shrimp. They were ok. I had their cole slaw, which again was one of the best I have ever tasted. I had a bowl of their vegetable crab soup. It was ok. I have had better. I would try their cream of crab next time. Service was good. Overall, I would eat here again. Definitely one of the leading seafood restaraunts in the Colonial Beach area.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank RvenManiac11
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Comfortable, Great Service and Good Seafood”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Outside seating area has a fire pit and there is a small enclosed bar on the other side of the outside seating area.

Wait staff was friendly and kept up with drink refills, cleared away when needed and dealt with our separate checks request without hesitation. We (myself and friends/family) had dinner twice (once late) and brunch on Sunday.

Snow crab and shrimp were great and they set a nice spread for brunch on Sunday.

The entire place was decorated in detail for Halloween not just a few things thrown up, time and effort was put in the seasonal decor.

Hide Tides sits right on the beach, so you have a great view of the water.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Michael H
Fredericksburg, Virginia, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful seafood and view of the Potomac !”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My husband and I recently dined at High Tides in September 2012. We both ordered the all u can eat crab legs and shrimp which was delightful ! The restaurant was very clean and our waitress was very attentive. Plus the view of the Potomac was very nice ! I got a chance to meet the owner and she was a true professional . We will definetely go back to eat there and I will recommend it to others !

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Michelle S
Mechanicsville
“THIS PLACE HAS IT ALL”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've been visiting Colonial Beach since the early 70's and frequented places like Frye's and Hop's Restaurant, concessions along the boardwalk, Rock's hotel, etc.). When changes started to come in the late 80's and 90's, we were saddened to see the old places go, but were delighted with the new establishments. We have been repeat customers to the High Tides on the Potomac Restaurant since it was built, and have enjoyed mouth-watering appetizers (shrimp, buffalo wings, etc.), great sandwiches and delicious dinners. Any seat in the house provides a calming view of the Potomac which can also be enjoyed from the outside dining area. The wait staff is friendly and provide good service for a table of two or a table of 15. The addition of the The Black Pearl Tiki Bar providing great music and merriment is a plus! If you're in the area, and looking for a place that has it all - try High Tides on the Potomac.

• Visited September 2012