“Nasty”
Review of River Edge Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colonial Beach
River Edge Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Colonial Beach
Richmond
“Nasty”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed in a lot of places and this one is on the bottom. Nasty rooms, rude service, bed bugs and needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Do not feel my concerns much mattered there and was a true waste of my hard earned money.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Mike L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bowie
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Well let me say this, The staff was nice this was a big plus for us. Ok now the rooms - some needs work but not that bad. The room we stayed was 209 and it was clean new AC unit and TV. We did stay in also room 229 but this room toilet rock and old type TV so the move us from 229 to 209. They are slowly doing work on the the hotel from what I can see. For the price you pay it cost us $119.00 with tax and on 4th of July that day cost us $135.00 plus tax. I thought the pricing of the rooms was a little high base the condition of the rooms. But we was happen being right next to the beach. I give them 3 stars because they did try the very best to keep us happen.The food in the morning was cool it will get you going. The name now is Beach Inn

Room Tip: Ask to see the room 1st and go from there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank jagco
Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We decided to pop down for a leisurely overnight trip and did not make reservations in advance. While the property would definitely register as a less than 1 Star on most hotel rating scales, we found it to be "OK" for getting a shower, catching dinner at the Riverboat Restaurant, walking along the less than expansive boardwalk and for a place to lay our heads for the night. (without the "suspicious" looking comforter and under the fresh looking and smelling sheets.)

The front desk representative who checked us in, informed us that they are under new management, currently owned by a bank and managed by a Property Management firm. The representative also shared that they are renovating the top floor (to be completed by Memorial Day weekend), and are in the process of making additional renovations.

The complimentary breakfast included coffee (lilliputian size cups), juice, microwaveable pancakes, fruit, muffins, breakfast sweets, (including Nutty Buddy Bars), and cereal. We opted for the Breakfast Buffett (about $9.00 pp), at the Riverboat and it definitely was a down home type of buffet including biscuits w/gravy, cornbeef hash, eggs, sausage/bacon, fruit, mac n cheese and apple pie (the last two items I assumed were a part of the local culinary flair).

As a frequent traveller accustomed to 4 and 5 Star Accommodations, this fit the bill for a quick stay and proximity to a dining/gambling facility with a nice view of the beach. (It is literally right on the beach) The front desk and housekeeping staff were pleasant and helpful and the locals just seem to happy to have you there! BTW: The "Beach" is an understatement at best.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Nia D
Fairfax County, Virginia
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed there only because it was great for the dogs. Dogs are no longer free to go to the beach. We will never stay there again. There are a lot of houses to rent that take pets. We had a great time at a rental house on St Pat's Day. They did too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Empathy
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Colonial Beach does not have a lot of accommodations to offer, especially in the off season, and this is the only large motel. It is no longer a Day's Inn, as I believe it lost its franchise due to quality issues. There are all kinds of problems that I could recount, but if you are desperate, like we were, let me focus on the positive. The front desk clerk was very nice and respectful. The rooms are desperately in need of new everything, but what's there does work. The beds are very (very) basic, but amazingly, I woke up free from the back pain I usually have. The pillows are about as soft as bullets, and if you don't like that, you might want to bring one from home. The price was fair. They do have coffee and some breakfast items (cereal and microwave pancakes). There are places in walking distance where you can get inexpensive, much-better-quality coffee, so that's what we did. I will have to go back to Colonial Beach for one more night next week, and I will stay here. I could pay more than double and stay at a Bed & Breakfast, but I'll take my own pillow and be fine.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelhappy919
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2011

The cost is that of a typical family chain, 69.99-79.99. It is filthy and non of the rooms have even begun to refurbished. The place was closed by the IRS and some locals opened it with no backing. I left after an hour when I also found no linens, lights didn't work, floor and bed were downright nasty. There is alot of mold in the rooms...and I don't think the carpets have been replaced or cleaned in 20 years.

Room Tip: Do not consider.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
4 Thank Karol T
Stanley, Virginia
Reviewed May 2, 2011

My husband & I took our first trip to Colonial Beach & we checked into to this place to only check right back out, it was gross when my 3 year old dropped a toy between the wall and mattresses I was trying to get it out I found more than her toy I found BED BUGS!!!! When reporting it to the front desk they gave us a room upstairs so the first thing we done was look when pulling the blankets back off the mattresses there was more BED BUGS again along with gross blood spot all over!!! I will never go to this place again to much of a health risk if you ask me and I have myself along with children to think about before staying in a dump like that!!! But thanks to wonderful people at the Riverview Inn where it was clean & wonderful staff our trip was GREAT other then the BED BUG INN!!!!! So if you are smart you won't stay there,

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
20 Thank baby_kitten_20022003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Colonial Beach
#1 of 2 in King George
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
Hampton Inn Dahlgren
#1 of 2 in Dahlgren
Country Inn & Suites, Dahlgren
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock
#1 of 1 in Warsaw

Been to River Edge Inn? Share your experiences!