Quality Inn Dutch Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Deluxe Inn(Martinsville)
Econolodge(Martinsville)
View Hotel
All reviewsstayed for nightsnice staytake careenjoyed my staywafflesfood was greatdutchalicewindmillkinghardwoodlisa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2008

While traveling to Rockingham, NC we stopped at Collinsville for the night. Having no reservations, we first tried the Hampton Inn as this hotel chain is usually reasonably priced with great quality. Unfortunately, this particular Hampton Inn had a snotty clerk and wanted $269 for one night. We wanted a hotel room; we didn't want to buy a hotel.

So we turned around and headed for the Dutch Inn across the road. The check inn clerk was very pleasant and gave us a huge King-bed non-smoking room. We also got a 10-percent off coupon for dinner and 2 free breakfast buffet coupons for the next morning. All for $77.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kja63
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I didn't have a choice of where to stay in this town. This hotel was booked through my husband's work. In this Martinsville area, there are not many places to choose from as far as hotels, or anything else goes. The rooms were sub par at best. These rooms are in serious need of upgrading and cleaning. Our tub was filthy.. there was some kind of black muck stuck in it. The wallpaper in the whole room was yellowing (probably because we got stuck in a smoking room, though we are non smokers. When asked if we could switch, the answer was twice "no") and peeling from the walls. There were holes in the carpet as well. I walked around in my sandals all weekend for fear I may contract some sort of fungus or disease. Outside of the hotel/throughout the corridors, it reeked of cat urine. You couldn't escape it unless the waft of pizza from the place across the street semi-masked it. In addition, they started houskeeping at 8 am which woke me up. Here are the plus sides to the Dutch: great cable, including the Speed Channel, nice people/decent service, included breakfast w/our stay, a full service restaurant, nightclub, and fridge in the room, however, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I used to stay at the Dutch Inn (now the Quality Inn Dutch Inn) on all of my business trips to the Martinsville area. I hadn't been there in a while and I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the quality of the food in the restaurant (and the prices were very reasonable too). But the thing that impressed me the most was the way I was treated. FRIENDLY! and I mean like Southern hospitality friendly. These people were so nice and you could tell it wasn't fake. I would highly recommend staying there and eating there too. I plan on setting up my future business trips so that I can stay there more often.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 4, 2007

This was once the place to stay and while it was still good, it is in need of updates and the rooms were not as clean as I would have liked. On the other hand, the service continues to be one that you would expect from a higher rated hotel. Unfortunately, I do not plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family