“an unfortunate, smelly dump”

Quality Inn Dutch Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Collinsville
Charlotte, NC
“an unfortunate, smelly dump”
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I didn't have a choice of where to stay in this town. This hotel was booked through my husband's work. In this Martinsville area, there are not many places to choose from as far as hotels, or anything else goes. The rooms were sub par at best. These rooms are in serious need of upgrading and cleaning. Our tub was filthy.. there was some kind of black muck stuck in it. The wallpaper in the whole room was yellowing (probably because we got stuck in a smoking room, though we are non smokers. When asked if we could switch, the answer was twice "no") and peeling from the walls. There were holes in the carpet as well. I walked around in my sandals all weekend for fear I may contract some sort of fungus or disease. Outside of the hotel/throughout the corridors, it reeked of cat urine. You couldn't escape it unless the waft of pizza from the place across the street semi-masked it. In addition, they started houskeeping at 8 am which woke me up. Here are the plus sides to the Dutch: great cable, including the Speed Channel, nice people/decent service, included breakfast w/our stay, a full service restaurant, nightclub, and fridge in the room, however, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Rooms
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Charlotte
Reviewed June 26, 2007

I used to stay at the Dutch Inn (now the Quality Inn Dutch Inn) on all of my business trips to the Martinsville area. I hadn't been there in a while and I was really impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the quality of the food in the restaurant (and the prices were very reasonable too). But the thing that impressed me the most was the way I was treated. FRIENDLY! and I mean like Southern hospitality friendly. These people were so nice and you could tell it wasn't fake. I would highly recommend staying there and eating there too. I plan on setting up my future business trips so that I can stay there more often.

• Liked — Friendly Service
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed January 4, 2007

This was once the place to stay and while it was still good, it is in need of updates and the rooms were not as clean as I would have liked. On the other hand, the service continues to be one that you would expect from a higher rated hotel. Unfortunately, I do not plan to stay there again.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — rooms need to be better cleaned and updated
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank E3008

Travelers are raving about these Collinsville hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Collinsville
Comfort Inn Martinsville
Econolodge
#4 of 6 in Martinsville
Comfort Inn Smith Mountain Lake
Baymont Inn & Suites Eden

Been to Quality Inn Dutch Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Dutch Inn

Property: Quality Inn Dutch Inn
Address: 2360 Virginia Ave, Collinsville, VA 24078-2320
Location: United States > Virginia > Henry County > Collinsville
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Collinsville
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Dutch Inn 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn Dutch Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Dutch Hotel Collinsville