“Bad Experience”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clintwood
Sandusky, Ohio
“Bad Experience”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I called to make reservations to stay at this hotel ( My parents were married in Clintwood and I have relatives in some surrounding towns. Looking for a nice, clean and reasonable $ hotel with decent reviews ( this area has limited options). The lady I spoke with on the phone was VERY nice and polite and helpful. we live 9 hours away so when we arrive we are ready to REST. Upon our arrival it was pretty chaotic. people drinking and smoking in parking lot… cars parked in multiple directions etc.. my husband unloaded luggage onto a carrier, I go to checkin desk.. a gentleman there told me about parking across the street so as not to be towed due to drs office ..so VERY limited parking.. I could've dealt with that.. I can honestly say it was overrun with SHIRTLESS guys drinking and being loud in lobby at the front desk.. still we try to be open minded and say ok… Go across street and park and they scan our card and charge us at check in when it usually happens at check out…so then we start to elevator and sign says OUT OF ORDER my husband is NOT happy ,, we are tired and hungry and there aren't tons of options.. WE walk back to the desk and the gentlemen says I will "cancel" your charge But instead they charge us and then later we are refunded the cost.. Then we had to go drive around and try to find another room.. We ended up having to take a SMOKING room while I have allergies and asthma. Thanks to Sleep Inn ..Not only that we are then Charged for both places at the same time which caused an extra charge to our ck account :(( I wrote and got a response from one gentleman who then had a lady contact me who then told me I would hear from MGR.. well that has YET to happen :(( so disappointed Cheryl DeGirolamo I would not recommend this place

Room Tip: I wish I had thought to take a picture it would have been worth a thousand words for sure
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here after visiting the South Grand Canyon in Breaks, VA. The receptionist was very friendly, helping find stores and restaurants in the area. Asked if we had a preference on what floor to stay on. We got one right behind the lobby and it was clean and quiet. The breakfast was very good and the woman in charge even came over to make sure everything was ok. They do not have a pool if you are looking for that. The only thing lacking here is their parking lot. It is small so if its a busy weekend, it would be a tight squeeze.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gretchenabc b
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We recently stayed a few nights at the Sleep Inn in Clintwood. The thing that really SHINES for this hotel is the STAFF. They are so friendly and accommodating. You really don't see this kind of hospitality anywhere else these days ...and I have traveled across the US and other countries. To name the ones that really made us feel welcome: Amy Phillips, Cassandra, Rachael (Breakfast attendant), and Corey. Also the housekeeping staff was pleasant and accommodating. The hotel was very CLEAN. The staff constantly were vacuuming and cleaning after the workers that are apparently staying there long-term for a construction project in the area. The Negatives : 1) Elevator was not functioning correctly and we had to hike the stairs to the 4th floor numerous times. 2) The workers hanging out front smoking for hours in the evening 3) Workers out on the roof of the overhang in front smoking and banging the dirt out of their shoes. I guess they didn't want to walk down one floor so they went out their window onto the roof. 4) PARKING is an issue...when the hotel was hosting meetings in the evening there was NO parking for the guests. If they host meetings they need to arrange for off-site parking - the PAYING guests should come first for parking. 5) The windows on the 4th floor open....dangerous for folks with small children. All of that being said OVERALL a VERY GOOD STAY

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank E F
Knoxville
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was raised in Clintwood, Va. My mother passed away so the funeral was in Clintwood. I ask for a quiet room so I could try and rest. My room was over the lobby and seemed to be where the workmen that were staying at the time gather outside to smoke and chatter. The traffic circle was right in front of motel so traffic was all night stopping and going. Very little rest with all this and then slamming of doors. Room should have been on back side.

The motel itself is very nice, clean, sufficient breakfast offered, but too many workman stay here and constantly outside at night and early morning talking loudly and smoking. The staff was very nice.

Room Tip: If you are tired then get a room on the back side of motel due to all the loud traffic noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank JaneKnoxville
Middlefield, Ohio
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I recently stayed in Clintwood for 2 nights at the Sleep Inn, and was very happy. The breakfast was good, but they give you extremely small plates and bowls, so as not to take too much. Also the WIFI was almost non-existent in the rooms, although the did have a direct ether net connection which worked fine. A pool and/or hot tub would be a nice touch...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Gvis2020traveler
Morgantown, WV
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I stayed at the Clintwood Sleep Inn for one weekend night while travelling in the area. The hotel is nice, new, and very modern for a Sleep Inn. The staff was friendly and the breakfast was fairly decent. The only real negative part of my stay was the Internet access. While the WiFi coverage was good, the speed were pretty slow.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank bitmapped
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel over a weekend. Aside from some glitches with the wifi, the hotel is in perfect condition. Having opened in February, it is brand new and it is nice. The elevator is over-sized, which is nice, and the rooms are large. For under $80 a night for king size bed, it was a great value. They serve a hot breakfast, which is great, too. The staff are friendly.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor for the view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 1967Yankeesfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clintwood
Comfort Inn Grundy
Days Inn Norton VA
#2 of 4 in Norton
Holiday Inn Express Pikeville
Hilton Garden Inn Pikeville

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!