“Great Italian food in the charming village of Clifton”
Review of Trattoria Villagio

Trattoria Villagio
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Clifton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 21, 2014

After a day at the Udvar-Hazy air museum, this was a perfect setting to unwind with a bottle of wine and an ample, very tasty dinner of northern-Italian food. The restuarant setting, inside and out, is quite charming, especially the outdoor seating area. Good music (live) in the background, good service (thanks, Nicole), our bread and oil trays were kept filled, the Beet Salad was to die for and the Villagio split up one order onto two plates w/o an extra charge. The Pumpkin Ravioli was quite tasty, I thought the serving was a bit scant. I had the Calamarta Pasta, good portions of clams, mussels, and shrimp. My wife had Chicken Marsala, this was the biggest plate and probably the most tasty of the four dishes at the table. One note- get there early (we were there at 5:30) or you WILL have a long wait. This trendy place is quite popular and packed in spite of its country-side setting.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Great location, nice ambiance, great attentive service, food very average to on the poor side. Had the Pannini Capresse. Bread was half toasted at best and ingredients were on the thin side of things - what you mainly tasted was the thick bread roll, as that is what I would call it, not a panini, Two very thin slices of tomato, with thin sliced mozarella, no pesto flavor and not sure what the bacon was, as it certainly was the most unusual Prosciutto I have ever seen, My fellow dinner had a salad and again lacking in flavor and dept of ingredients. Would not be rushing back there. The only reason I give it a average rating is because of the location.

2  Thank 360Marie
Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a nice dinner at this new Italian restaurant in Clifton. The setting both inside and out was charming the food was good and plentiful. Overall, good value for the cost.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

In the little town of Clifton, we always wanted an Italiian place to eat. Finally we have one. Trattoria Villagio is an excellant place to eat. My daughter Mary and I went on a Friday night. You had a choice of sitting inside, in air conditioning, or outside in the patio area behind the building. We opted for ac. The service was great eve though they had a big sign out front looking for more staff. There was plenty this night. Noisy, yes. Service was great. Portions were huge and tasted so so good. The place, inside, was small and only had 1 unisex restroom on the main floor. On the second floor, used for special events, there was another restroom. Prices were reasonable. Next to the main restaurant there is a area where you can order takeout pizzas. All in all a super place to eat.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We had dinner on Saturday, June 21 at the Trattoria Villagio having a 7:00 p.m. reservation for a party of 4 - here is how it went - we went into the restaurant letting them know we were there, they said that they did not have a reservation for a party of 7 under our name - we told them it was a party of 4 at 7:00 p.m. - it went downhill from there - when we were finally seated the service was dreadful, The noise level was like we were at the World Cup! I ordered the Chicken marsala - well it looked like something out of a can - the mushrooms were definitely out of a can and the whole thing had a gelatinous look, my husband's steak was overdone - my cousin ordered a pasta dish what he was served he did not order and it was the size of a meal that you would give to a 3 year old - all in all we took an hour's ride to get a lousy meal. At this point we just wanted to leave. Would never, never go back

5  Thank BerkleyBeau