WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Summit Restaurant

Summit Restaurant
Cuisines: American, French, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Port Aransas, Texas
“Charming - gem of a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Spent a week in Radford on business and stumbled upon this via Trip Advisor. The restaurant is charming, a restored Victorian home. For a small town, the wine list was impressive - no bar though, so beer and wine are the adult beverages. The crab meat encrusted grouper was stellar, mouthwatering. Our service was impeccable - you didn't even know she was there. She anticipated your needs and was very pleasant.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank krigold

Blacksburg, VA
“Disappointing evening, Uneven quality in both food and service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I will say first that I have eaten at the Summit several times and it has always been very good. However, I was disappointed when my husband and I ate there last Saturday night. They were very crowded although it seemed many diners were leaving when we were arriving. We were seated and after some delay, a server approached us and asked if we were ready to order. I said that we would like to have a glass of wine first. I assumed (my mistake) that there were no evening specials so my husband and I focused on the menu items. The waitress brought our drinks along with some bread. When I reached for a piece of the bread, it was very cold on the inside in several places so we had to send it back. She then brought us some fresh from the oven which was very good. When new arrivals were seated next to us, they had a different waitress and the first thing she did was go over the special which is what I would have ordered if I had known about it. My husband ordered the Chicken Arabesque which he really enjoyed. I got the crabcake and while it was good, about halfway through my meal, I experienced several cold spots in the crabcakes which left me wondering what was going on in the kitchen that night. I suspect it was just an off night caused by a busy influx of diners. It seemed that our waitress was filling in in our room (she was also working another room) doing just our table. It was obvious she had a lot going on while our room only had a few diners so I'm not sure why the switch was made. In any case, I will return sometime in the future but probably during the week when there is less competition for the servers and the kitchen staff!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Luv2g0lf
Baldwin, Maryland
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great food and service! The ambiance is wonderful and the selections unique. I look forward to dining there again!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank CSNMD
Chestnut Ridge NY
“Lovely ambiance, very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We dined here while staying at the Oaks Victorian Inn (walking distance away, which is nice). We had a very good meal - the duck was particularly nice. There is a good selection of wines by the bottle and the glass and prices are reasonable. There is no bar, however, so don't expect a cocktail.

The restaurant is located in a large old house and the interior is very pleasant...tables are close together without being jammed and the noise level is low enough for easy conversation (and a little eavesdropping if you like that sort of thing).

Visited March 2013
1 Thank MrFriday
Blacksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For fine dining, there is only one place in South West Virginia”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

In the New River Valley of South West Virginia, there are many pizza places that cater to college students but very few fine dining restaurants. Of those, the best is the Summit Restaurant in Christiansburg. There is a variety of options, all are American dishes with a gourmet flair. The Summit has several small rooms for intimate dining, decorated in period furniture with antique pieces and a fireplace. The pace is perfect for a relaxed, enjoyable experience. We have been to The Summit several times and never disappointed.

• Visited February 2013